Sr Consultant-Pharm Automation
Posted on: October 6, 2019
We're a Little Different
Our mission is clear. We bring to life a healing ministry through
our compassionate care and exceptional service.
We don't believe in jobs at Mercy, we believe in careers that match
the unique gifts of unique individuals; careers that not only make
the most of your skills and talents, but also your heart.
At Mercy, you'll feel our supportive community every step of your
day, especially the tough ones. We're a team and love working that
way. That team is expanding, and we currently have exceptional
opportunities to help our communities grow.
The Senior Consultant, Pharmacy Automation is responsible for
leveraging their clinical experience to identify, design and
implement creative solutions in the pharmacy service line. The
incumbent will leverage current technology to address workflow and
business needs, driving efficiency, clinical excellence and expense
reduction throughout Mercy. This position will lead projects in the
pharmacy space, drive system builds, execute solution creation and
development, facilitate workflow optimization, coordinate process
training, and direct allocated resources in the execution of
solution deployment. When systems have stabilized, this role will
work with end-users to optimize the use of the system and ensure
that Mercy is achieving the maximum value of the system as well as
helping to improve and enrich the Mercy experience for caregivers
and patients. Performs duties and responsibilities in a manner
consistent with our mission, values, and Mercy Service
Because you're committed to excellence, you understand the
importance of being properly prepared for your role at Mercy.
That's why you'll bring to your role the right set of
Bachelor's degree in clinical field/pharmacy. Requires clinical
license in specific fields (i.e. Pharmacy, Nursing, or other highly
clinically intensive environment.)
* 7 plus years of clinical/operational experience in an integrated
health system required.
* Practical experience in the use of EHR and/or ERP solutions as
well as reporting tools to manage frontline business and clinical
Other skills & knowledge: (skills, knowledge, abilities)
* Understanding of information and data management
* Experience in providing high level operational, clinical or
technical support of applications, this can mean on the front line
and working through technical or workflow issues with tools
* Must have the ability to communicate with all levels of clinical
staffing to inform non-technical personnel of project/initiative
benefits and workflow changes
* Must be able to understand and communicate how technology will
impact clinical workflow.
* Must have excellent communication skills (both written and oral)
and demonstrate compassionate human relations skills with the
ability to communicate in a manner that puts non-technical,
non-materials management, or clinical staff at ease.
* An excellent team player treating everyone as a valued individual
who seeks out and addresses customer's needs while maintaining
privacy and confidentiality.
* Must be able to manage multiple, complex projects simultaneously
in a high-pressure environment with an acute eye for detail.
* High level analytical and problem-solving skills
* Demonstrated leadership abilities
* Demonstrated ability to work with multidisciplinary teams to
affect practice change
* Ability to work independently and efficiently to meet
* Commitment to professional development of self and others
* Willing to develop community relationships
* Ability to assess system, hardware and software issues and follow
through to resolution.
* Ability to travel up to 50%.
* Familiarity with applicable governmental regulations
* Ability to manage resources in a matrix or indirect
* Master's degree in Pharmacy or other Clinical, Business area
* Over 12 years of Clinical/Operational Experience with high
exposure in the clinical setting or a patient facing area
* Experience optimizing or improving processes through tools
* Experience in EHR, Epic, TECSYS, Lawson, Pharmacy
Automation/Cabinetry or any other ERP, Scanning or Point of
We'll Support You at Work and Home
Our foundations are built on dignity and respect. Modern Healthcare
Magazine named us as a "top 100 places to work." We go out of our
way to help people feel welcomed. We offer day-one comprehensive
health, vision and dental coverage, PTO, tuition reimbursement and
employer-matched retirement funds to benefit-eligible co-workers,
including those working 48 hours or more per pay period!
What Makes a Good Match for Mercy
Compassion and professionalism go hand-in-hand with us, along with
exceptional quality care. Having a positive outlook and a strong
sense of advocacy is in perfect step with our mission and vision.
We're also collaborative and are not afraid to do a little extra to
deliver excellent care - that's just part of our commitment. If
that sounds like a fit for you as well, we encourage you to
Keywords: Mercy, Chesterfield , Sr Consultant-Pharm Automation, Professions , Chesterfield, Missouri
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!