Closer II - Diverse Candidates Encouraged
Company: Guild Mortgage Company
Posted on: October 12, 2019
Guild Mortgage Company, closing loans and opening doors since 1960.
As a mortgage banking firm we are dedicated to serving the home
owner/buyer. Our goal is to provide affordable home financing for
our customers, utilizing the best terms available while providing a
level of professionalism and service unsurpassed in the lending
Full time position - Chesterfield Branch
Prepare and submit loan closing packages and supporting documents
for Conventional, VA and FHA loans. Ensure completeness, accuracy
and compliance of submissions in accordance with investor
guidelines and applicable regulations, insurer and/or guarantor
- Verify and ensure compliance with Company policies and
procedures, as well as all applicable federal, state laws,
regulatory and government standards, guidelines, rules, and/or
- Review Processor input and confirm payees and zero tolerance
fees with Settlement Agent.
- Make appropriate adjustments and approve in system; notify
- Forward Closing Disclosure to Settlement agent for review and
- Review preliminary title reports to identify excluded items and
- Communicate loan program requirements to Processors and/or Loan
Officers necessary at closing, and provide status updates.
- Obtain all outstanding conditions to ensure timely funding and
closing of the loan.
- Draw closing documents, issue closing funds and review closed
loan packages to ensure completeness of loan documentation.
- Review and verify the accuracy of the final closing statements
prior to closing to ensure compliance with Company, Investor, and
Conventional regulations and requirements.
- Reconcile final figures to calculate wire amount and balance
with settlement agent.
- Verify loan closing package complies with insurer and/or
guarantor requirements and documentation.
- Prepare, send collateral package within Company timeframes to
warehouse bank and submit banking package to Finance in accordance
with required timelines.
- Complete comparison check of Final SASS against Final Closing
Disclosure; notate any discrepancies in system comments.
- Scan and archive file within Company timeframes, to ensure
timely delivery of loan files to investors.
- Obtain recording information and ensure the information is
entered into the system.
- Promptly obtain documentation requested by investors or
- High school diploma or equivalent required; college
courses/technical training related to Business, Finance/Accounting,
Legal, or related field is preferred.
- Total recent work experience includes two or more years
experience as a Funder for Conventional, FHA and VA loans, with at
least one year experience funding FHA loans. Prior work experience
may also include positions closing loans for an Escrow
- Ability to build strong relationships with Loan Officers,
production, processing, underwriting, and other internal and
- General knowledge of overall mortgage lending internal
processes and controls, as well as federal, state, and regulatory
requirements/guidelines related to consumer mortgage lending for
- Thorough knowledge of Conventional loans, including various
product/program guidelines, valid documentation requirements,
necessary conditions and investor specific guidelines for
- Thorough knowledge of valid documentation and processes
required to fund and close consumer mortgages (e.g., verification
of employment, CD, settlement statement etc.).
- Ability to prioritize multiple tasks in a deadline-driven
environment; strong sense of urgency and responsiveness.
- Solve problems promptly, communicate effectively with internal
and external customers and work well under pressure.
- Excellent customer service, interpersonal, verbal and written
- Intermediate math skills.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong detail orientation and highly organized.
- Prior experience using internal data entry systems, Microsoft
Word, Excel and PDF/Document Retention programs.
- Depending on experience, supervision is intermittent
- Depending on experience, moderate level of independent judgment
- Work is reviewed as needed
- Receive guidance to resolve issues of higher complexity
- Exercise sound judgment in executing core job
- Travel: 0%
- Average monthly pipeline ranges from 40 - 50 loans.
Physical: Work is primarily sedentary; occasionally walks and/or
Manual Dexterity: Frequent use of computer keyboard and mouse.
Audio/Visual: Ability to accurately interpret sounds and associated
meanings at a volume consistent with interpersonal conversation.
Regularly required to accurately perceive, distinguish and
interpret information received visually and through audio; e.g.,
words, numbers and other data broadcasted aloud/viewed on a screen,
as well as print and other media.
Environmental: Office environment - no substantial exposure to
adverse environmental conditions.
Guild offers a pleasant work environment, competitive compensation
and excellent benefits package; including medical, dental, vision,
life insurance, AD&D, LTD and 401(k) with employer match. Guild
Mortgage Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
To apply, click: Associated topics: collections officer, loan
collections officer, loan interviewer, loan processor, mortgage
clerk, mortgage interviewer, mortgage process, mortgage processor,
Keywords: Guild Mortgage Company, Chesterfield , Closer II - Diverse Candidates Encouraged, Other , Chesterfield, Missouri
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!