Patient Services Assistant
Posted on: September 12, 2019
We're a Little Different
Our mission is clear. We bring to life a healing ministry through
our compassionate care and exceptional service.
We don't believe in jobs at Mercy, we believe in careers that match
the unique gifts of unique individuals; careers that not only make
the most of your skills and talents, but also your heart.
At Mercy, you'll feel our supportive community every step of your
day, especially the tough ones. We're a team and love working that
way. That team is expanding, and we currently have exceptional
opportunities to help our communities grow.
Job Location could be Springfield, MO or St.Louis, MO
The Patient Services Assistant is independently responsible for
utilizing organizational skills and advanced computer knowledge to
develop and maintain a system for coordinating, recording and
retrieving information required for documentation. Responsible for
mailing education and health information to callers upon request.
Assists with downloading of phone queue following policy/procedures
after training. Responsible for assisting with office functions in
the daily operation of the call center. Performs a variety of
clerical duties for physicians and clinic staff to include
scheduling appointments. Retrieves insurance, patient information,
and offers continuity of patient care with hand off to clinical
team through electronic software. Performs related duties as
assigned in a professional manner with a goal of creating a safe
and positive patient care experience.
* Responsible for Down Time procedures and able to function
efficiently and other procedures as designated.
* Schedules appointments as appropriate, following physician
* Assists with physician referral and for outbound campaign
management as directed.
* Able to recognize potential emergent patient symptoms/situations
and will transfer to RN for immediate assessment.
* Assists with departmental letters, survey/questionnaire and
* Responsible for standard follow-up mailing of letters and
resource materials upon request.
* Provides callers with physician referrals that meet their needs
as indicated by monitored phone calls and satisfaction surveys.
* Ensures the telephone is answered within 3 rings in a cordial,
courteous and helpful manner.
* Obtains and enters caller demographics and reason for call into
software while maintaining accurate contract information.
* Communicates and interacts with clients, hospital personnel, and
physicians in a manner that promotes and maintains a high level of
* Verify caller's name, patient's name, demographics, telephone
number, insurance, birth date, reason for call, and contract data
on every call received when appropriate.
* Demonstrates teamwork, cooperation and personal involvement with
other employees/departments of the Mercy Health System and outside
* Earns respect and loyalty of consumers and fellow employees by
demonstrating a commitment to quality of service. Commitment will
be reflected through positive actions, reported or observed by the
supervisor/manager regarding excellence.
* Listens effectively to gain understanding of consumer needs and
responds by taking appropriate and timely action. Compliments
received or actions observed by the supervisor/manager may lead to
exceeding the standard.
* Maintains patient privacy and or confidential hospital and
employee information at all times.
* Makes appropriate efforts to discourage or silence discussions of
confidential information and personal business when in the presence
of patients and visitors that may lead to exceeding the
Because you're committed to excellence, you understand the
importance of being properly prepared for your role at Mercy.
That's why you'll bring to your role the right set of
* High School Diploma or equivalent required.
* 1 year patient care experience required.
We'll Support You at Work and Home
Our foundations are built on dignity and respect. Modern Healthcare
Magazine named us as a "top 100 places to work." We go out of our
way to help people feel welcomed. We offer day-one comprehensive
health, vision and dental coverage, PTO, and employer-matched
retirement funds, even to part-time employees. We're proud to
provide tuition reimbursement to help you grow and learn new
What Makes a Good Match for Mercy
Compassion and professionalism go hand-in-hand with us, along with
exceptional quality care. Having a positive outlook and a strong
sense of advocacy is in perfect step with our mission and vision.
We're also collaborative and are not afraid to do a little extra to
deliver excellent care - that's just part of our commitment. If
that sounds like a fit for you as well, we encourage you to
Keywords: Mercy, Chesterfield , Patient Services Assistant, Other , Chesterfield, Missouri
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!