Company: Midland States Bank
Posted on: July 14, 2019
Mortgage Originator Location Chesterfield, MO Requisition Number
2609 # of Openings 1 Apply Now Status:Full time Develops
relationships and solicits business from referral partners such as
realtors, builders, bank colleagues, attorneys, and CPAs. Primary
responsibilities include the collecting and analyzing of prospect's
income, assets and liabilities in in order to advise them on the
most appropriate mortgage products as well as other products and
services to meet their financial needs. Shares knowledge and
expertise with Junior Originators through mentoring and coaching.
Provides feedback to the Mortgage President regarding market trends
and opportunities to improve operational efficiencies. Primary
- Provides sales leadership and mentoring to Junior Originators
either on an individual basis or within group settings.
- Keeps the Mortgage President apprised of changing market
conditions or operational deficiencies that may impact the mortgage
division's ability to meet business objectives.
- Responsible for the sales and origination of 1-4 family
residential loans within predetermined guidelines and rates set
forth by the Bank and its investors.
- Responds to customer's residential mortgage needs by analyzing
their financial profile and identifying the appropriate mortgage
program for them.
- Follows-up with applicants and secures the necessary
information to process and underwrite the loan; conducting site
visits if needed.
- Provides assistance to help potential borrowers successfully
qualify for financing.
- Consistently achieves volume and/or unit production
- Works cooperatively and constructively with a wide variety of
people, cross-functional teams, community- based organizations,
title companies and referral partners.
- Actively cross-sells bank products where applicable.
- Projects a positive attitude and act with integrity at all
- Deliver "best-in-class" customer service.
- Provides support at bank sponsored events.
- Must adhere to pertinent state and federal laws and
regulations, Company's Compliance Policy and external compliance
- Other duties, responsibilities and activities may change or be
assigned at any time with or without notice. Position
- Bachelor's degree in business, finance, real estate, or related
- NMLS State License or Federal NMLS Registration.
- 5 years' experience in real estate/mortgage sales required
- Strong entrepreneurial and business development/sales
- Ability to generate annual production in excess of $20
- Knowledge of FHA, FNMA and FHLMS underwriting guidelines.
- Subject matter expert in mortgage compliance regulations.
- Business acumen and judgment- bank mortgage products, policies,
- Needs analysis skills - analyzing information regarding
customer income/debts, etc.
- Interpersonal/Persuasive/Influencing and negotiation skills.
- Building and Mending Relationships
- Selecting, Developing, Accepting People
- Participative Management
- Change Management
- Decisiveness with Insight
- Influencing, Leadership, Power
- Leading with a Purpose
- Self-Management, Self-Insight, Self-Development
- Coping with Pressure and Adversity - Integrity
- Seeks and Uses Feedback
- Acts on Behalf of Customer Midland States Bancorp, Inc. is an
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified
applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard
to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, gender
identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, or any
other applicable federal or state-protected classification.
Keywords: Midland States Bank, Chesterfield , Mortgage Originator, Other , Chesterfield, Missouri
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!