Company: Protective Life
Posted on: July 9, 2019
TheBSA II position works under the general direction of more
experienced Business Analysts. Generally relies on limited
experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals and perform a
variety of assignments requiring a certain degree of independence.
This position guides and advises less experienced Analysts.
The objectives of the BSA II position are to provide moderately
complex business consulting support to the Information Technology
(IT) staff and customers, to analyze some of the proposed changes,
enhancements, and other needs relative to the assigned system(s),
to certify changes made to these system(s), to develop and maintain
certain system values and settings, and to influence others in IT
and customer areas through teaching/sharing of knowledge and/or
Primary Job Functions:
- Using a structured approach, develops a comprehensive set of
requirements or business models necessary to create the desired
sustainable"to be" business environment.
- Translates end-user requirements into workflow and procedural
changes and specifications for moderately complex system
modifications as appropriate.
- Ensures that requirement statements are complete, consistent,
concise, traceable, unambiguous and verifiable and that they
conform to defined standards.
- Uses a variety of analysis tools to resolve moderately complex
- Ensures products, goods and services satisfy customer
requirements using a standard process methodology.
- Actively participates in reviews of the more moderately complex
code, specifications, requirements, etc. to develop, document and
implement repeatable test plans.
- Proactively diagnoses problems through research, analysis, and
understanding of structured languages.
- Absorbs the project documentation to gain an in-depth
understanding of the requirements and how Quality Assurance will be
used for each individual project
- Diagnoses and manages moderately complex software defects and
system anomalies to a successful resolution.
- Works with software developers to resolve moderately complex
problems and provides detailed diagnostic information.
- Consults with end-users concerning corrective actions as needed
in a calm and professional manner.
- Contributes to identifying business opportunities or solutions
to moderately complex business problems and assists in determining
the optimum project investment path for the enterprise including
implementation of new business and technical system solutions.
- Acts as a resource to help define the scope and objectives of
moderately complex system-related projects using various analysis,
research and fact-finding techniques, and evaluates the proposed
new systems or enhancements for estimates and feasibility.
- Challenges the status quo and recommends innovative solutions
that provide the most valuable outcome the fastest and poses the
least risk to the enterprise.
- Generally understands the pros and cons and the corresponding
impact of proposed solutions/changes for medium to large projects
to the business and other systems.
- Consults with the business area on system-related issues and
makes recommendations for better utilizing the available
- Utilizes appropriate project tracking methodologies and
database(s) to manage multiple projects through the project life
- Documents moderately complex project phases, provide regular
status updates, and assists with creating effective
- Represents the team in interdepartmental projects and corporate
initiatives; consults with the business area on the moderately
complex system-related issues and makes recommendations for better
utilizing the available technology.
- Recognized by peers and business partners as a subject matter
expert in their assigned area(s) and shares business and systems
knowledge with others.
- Creates, maintains and coordinates updates to a moderately
complex critical system data elements and configurable
applications, including rules, values, tables and output with
little or no development resource assistance.
- Understands the moderately complex data structure and database
- Creates and runs queries to generate, validate, and analyze
data from various applications
- Prepares end-user procedures and manuals and provides end-user
training for moderately complex new or changed system
- Motivates fellow team members through knowledge sharing and
Work Experience, Education, Certification / Training Required:
- Typically, 6+ years of applicable work and/or technical
- Typically, post-secondary degree, preferably in Management
Information Services, Computer Science or Math related field will
substitute for 4 years of work and/or technical experience
- Certifications in industry-related or discipline-related
organizations are desirable and may substitute for some work and/or
technical experience. (Organization could include LOMA, SILA,
American College, PMI, IIBA, IIST)
- Recognized expertise in their assigned areas of
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required:
- Demonstrates moderate knowledge of applicable industry
requirements and business systems and related products,
requirements and processes
- A moderate understanding of the system's underlying values,
tables, and codes and their impact on system processing
- Demonstrates moderate understanding of and the ability to apply
industry standard business systems analysis tools, techniques and
best practices. Able to deliver industry standard business systems
- Demonstrates moderate understanding of and the ability to apply
industry standard quality assurance tools, techniques and best
practices. Able to deliver industry standard quality assurance
- Moderate analytical skills and problem solving skills;
competent to work in many system analysis phases and to consider
moderate business implications of applying technology to the
current and future business environment
- Understands and uses appropriate requirements elicitation
techniques and tools
- Demonstrates a moderate working knowledge of systems and
software development concepts, practices and procedures
- Ability to work effectively under very tight deadline
- Proficiency in pertinent tools and software necessary for the
- Ability to plan, schedule and execute multiple concurrent
- Clear use of the English language in written and oral
communications and the ability to interpret and communicate
technical information to non-technical personnel and vice
- Moderate presentation and negotiation skills and the ability to
lead meetings professionally and effectively
- Ability to act with diplomacy in resolving conflict, consulting
and in acting as an agent in charge
- Must be self- motivated, able to work independently and willing
to self-teach and take responsibility for ongoing professional
Keywords: Protective Life, Chesterfield , BSA II, Other , Chesterfield, Missouri
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!