Assoc Network Ops Engineer
Company: Time Warner Cable
Posted on: June 8, 2019
Posting Job DescriptionJOB SCOPEPerform reactive monitoring of all
core level telephone, IP and Video elements within network
facilities. Also responsible for vendor engagement. Work to provide
enterprise-wide Tiered support on converged distribution and access
network elements and connections as needed. Under supervision
provides support for services and other products.DUTIES AND
- Responsible for initial triage, escalation, and resolution of
network troubles. Actively and consistently support all efforts to
simplify and enhance the customer experience.
- Perform basic network operations functions such as monitoring
information on all sites and back haul, identifying deterioration
of components and dispatching / assisting field personnel with
- Identify, notify, and escalate network issues.
- Respond to network alarm with the primary focus to discover and
resolve customer-impacting issues before customers recognize impact
to their services.
- Process equipment return and analysis request for failed
- Compose and send outage notifications, alerts and inform a wide
audience (including executives) of high-risk network events and
major customer-impacting incidents.
- Act as a technical escalation for the ESM NOC, CB Care, TTM,
and Day of Job organizations.
- Respond to emails from internal groups and external vendors
pertaining to a wide range of customer-facing issues.
- Escalate customer-impacting and install-impacting (new revenue)
major incidents to verticals for each line of business, technology
product, critical network facility, and service delivery
- Under supervision, manages outage bridges to drive quick
resolution to customer-impacting issues. Handles incoming trouble
- Work closely with engineering, field technicians, marketing and
vendors to resolve service issues.
- Escalate /Resolve network problems/faults to appropriate
- Tracks and updates problems in the trouble ticketing
- Monitor traffic pattern to identify potential problem areas and
escalate to take corrective action to implement short term
adjustments as well as refer chronic problems to Engineering for
- Identify alarm correlations and appropriate response actions
for future automation..BASIC / MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering or related
field, and / or equivalent work experience
- At least one (1) year experience in a Network Operations
Center, Troubleshooting and/or Surveillance environment(includes
internships and similar work experience)
- Must be able to work the following schedule: 11:00PM - 7:30AM,
Tuesday - Saturday ADDITIONAL JOB REQUIREMENTS
- Understanding of Network Operations
- Able to perform job function at competency levels.
- Capable of effectively working in a team environment, this
includes; internal / external clients, various operation support
groups, vendors, carriers in order to utilize all network tools and
resources to resolve the majority of trouble tickets assigned.
- Basic knowledge of topology, platforms, and protocols for IP,
Voice, Video networks, network operations tools such as MARS,
Netcool, D.R.U.M., Hammer, Tekmark Provisor, Everstream, WebTop,
Remed, xMattersWORKING ENVIRONMENT
- 24 X 7 X 365 Network Operations Center Environment
Keywords: Time Warner Cable, Chesterfield , Assoc Network Ops Engineer, Other , Chesterfield, Missouri
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!