Company: Labor Finders
Posted on: September 8, 2023
Are you a quick learner who's good at performing a variety of
tasks? Can you be ready to work at a different worksite from one
day to the next? Do you prioritize the safety of your co-workers
and yourself? Well if you have any of these skills, interests, and
abilities in you, then we'd love to talk to you about a great
opportunity as a General Laborer.
The job responsibilities may include the following:
- Manually moving freight, stock, or other materials.
- Cleaning and preparing a job site as well as loading and
- Using a variety of tools and equipment such as blowtorches,
forklifts, levels, lifts, power drills, grinders, saws, pressure
washers, and water spraying equipment.
- Setting up and taking down ladders, scaffolding, and other
- Helping carpenters, masons, and other specialized
- Controlling traffic at road construction sites, setting up
markers, cones and barricades as well as flagging vehicles to
control traffic flow.
- Working outdoors in all kinds of weather or indoors without
heating or air conditioning.
- Safety training and certification for handling dangerous
substances, like lead, asbestos, and other chemicals.
- Completing on-the-job training programs, working with a mentor,
and learning basic job and safety principles.
- Adhering to safety standards and maintaining safe storage
- Ensuring the machines, equipment, and components receive proper
cleaning and maintenance.
- Obtaining required technical knowledge to use various tools or
- Carrying or lifting heavy objects as well as squatting,
kneeling, bending, or crawling in awkward positions. You will also
- Have physical strength, hand-eye coordination, endurance, depth
perception, and the ability to concentrate on job
- Be continually attentive and mindful of your surroundings to
keep yourself and co-workers safe.
- Be able to understand and communicate information. English
language is also essential.
- Wear protective equipment/gear as necessary (glove, eye-wear,
hard-hat, steel-toes, etc.)
What you may gain while on the job:
- Staying active - This job will keep you busy and constantly
moving throughout the day.
- Communication skills- provide information and coordinating with
supervisors, co-workers, and external partners to carry out job
logistics and daily responsibilities.
- Learning opportunity - a chance to pick up a wide variety of
- Teaching & mentoring skills - helping train and prepare new
employees for the job.
- Rewarding career - opportunities for advancement to supervisory
or management roles.
Keywords: Labor Finders, Chesterfield , General Laborer, Other , Chesterfield, Missouri
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!