Company: RGA Reinsurance Company
Posted on: March 19, 2023
Position OverviewOur Underwriting professionals support our clients' consulting and outsourcing underwriting business needs as it relates to analyzing and evaluating mortality and morbidity risk either as an individual contributor or in a support role. This role works with our clients in a production environment, referral process or participates in external client auditing. The individual in this role also possesses the expertise to advise clients on underwriting best practices or define and implement best solutions. The individual in this role is expected to make quality decisions, according to the underwriting principles, solve problems and complete work assignments while adhering to SLA expectations and any other established project timelines.Responsibilities* Mortality/Morbidity Risk Analysis - determine appropriate underwriting requirements and assign case to appropriate risk category by analyzing and interpreting underwriting evidence for mortality and morbidity risk assessment for Individual Life.
* Communicate with field offices, distributors, reinsurers, advisors and client companies as required during the risk assessment process.
* Contribute and provide input on underwriting procedures.
* Assist with mentoring less experienced underwriters and co-sign as needed for all product lines.
* Provide input regarding clients, underwriting standards and procedures to better market our services.
* Interact with clients, expanding our knowledge of what our client needs are and competitor services being offered.
* Provide client support and assistance within their specifications and guidelines. Strive to be a problem solver, and advise management of potential problems or issues.
* Participate in internal committees and/or complete projects that impact the quality of the workplace or the work function.
* Advisor Underwriting Support - provide value added underwriting service to advisors by coordinating cases for the insurers and reinsurers to ensure they have all the full underwriting evidence for a favourable outcome of the insurance decision and to help speed up the underwriting process.
* Participate in Client Underwriting Audits - As a team member of the audit team, perform underwriting audits for client companies. Record and summarize results in an audit report that identifies factors in the underwriting approach that could adversely affect mortality or morbidity as well as identifying inconsistencies in decisions, and lack of adherence to underwriting requirements, treaty parameters, internal underwriting guidelines and overall company's underwriting philosophy.
* Support other areas of the company as needed on a consulting basis or assist co-workers while involved in a project or committee.
* Act as a reviewer in internal underwriting audits, as required.
* Peer review of external underwriting audits, as required.
* Keep abreast of all changes in medical advances, attend medical and non-medical training seminars held in-house as well as outside courses designated by supervisor.RequirementsQUALIFICATIONS
* Minimum 7 years of life underwriting experience.
* Experience with large face amounts and older age underwriting.
* Have attained or working towards LOMA, FLMI or ALU designations.
* Ability to work effectively with Microsoft Word, Access, Excel and PowerPoint applications and various underwriting workflow systems and platforms.
* Excellent verbal and written skills - communicating across, up, and down the reporting chain and to client companies.
* Conversant in insurance and reinsurance terminology.
* Critical Illness and Group (DI, Life and Health) underwriting experience.
* U.S. life insurance market experience.
* Structured Settlements underwriting experience.
SKILLS & COMPETENCIES
* Excellent client driven focus and attitude.
* Exhibits and role models a 'can do' attitude.
* Ability to work independently and collaboratively in a team.
* Thrives on challenge and change and is flexible.
* Unparalleled focus on quality work and attention to detail.
* Strong negotiation and collaboration skills.
* Adaptable - quick learner.
* Strategic and innovative thinker.
* Strong problem solving skills.
* Strong time management skills.
* Quick learner of new processes and technology.
* Highly analytical thinker.
* An in-depth understanding of the advisor's role and challenges.
* Ability to interpret, assimilate and apply numerous guidelines, reports, data to manage and set priorities.
Keywords: RGA Reinsurance Company, Chesterfield , Sr Underwriter, Other , Chesterfield, Missouri
here to apply!