Cloud Data Architect
Company: Amitech Solutions
Posted on: November 22, 2022
Cloud Data ArchitectJob Location: St. Louis, MOJob Description:
Amitech is looking to fill a role for a highly motivatedCloud Data
Architect. Youll help to unite the product teams across a common
set of goals and support the teams with alignment to policies and
procedures. Your focus will include the architecture of big data
and machine learning infrastructure and services that will power
capabilities and data-driven products across multiple entities. You
will be fostering communication and cooperation across dispersed
product teams, contributing to a global data architecture strategy,
and providing data architectural leadership while maintaining
information security and compliance standards across various
geographical regionsYour Day-to-Day:
- Participate in Global Product Portfolio (GPPM) strategy and
vision definition, enabling expanded internal and commercial value
through data across entity and product lines. Maintain a flexible
architecture and governance model as pillars of GPPM strategy
- Collaboration, maintenance and management of GPPM organization
data architecture models, spanning from conceptual holistic vision
of the companys cross-product architecture, including big data
architecture, through logical and/or physical models where
- Assess use of internal and acquired data, how data relates to
business value and operations and predict how changes will affect
data use, then manipulate the data architecture to compensate.
- Act as data / big data architecture consultant to GPPM product
- Work with teams to design and build large scale data processing
pipelines, analytics sandboxes, and at-scale production delivery
- Support data pipeline infrastructure through effective
utilization of AWS, GCP and other cloud services.
- Work with business stakeholders to identify business
opportunities that may result and/or benefit from application of
data and advanced analytics, including machine learning.
- Clearly define the hypothesis, gate criteria and success
criteria to deliver the environments necessary to realize value
from those opportunities.
- Aid in technology selection as the business defines new
features requiring expanded system capability.
- Support the design and continual enhancement of GPPM set of
shared data capabilities to accelerate product teams, aligning to
product entity business needs.
- Participate in GPPM M&A due diligence and integration
strategy planning as related to acquisition of new data
- Use creative and results-driven problem solving to lead
engineering efforts for product teams.
- Maintains regular and predictable attendance.
- Performs other duties as assigned.What You Bring to the Team:
- Bachelors degree Computer Science or Information Systems or
equivalent related work experience
- 10+ years experience performing infrastructure engineering
- 5+ years of hands-on experience with big data and data-at-scale
- 1+ year of experience with AWS or GCP services and
infrastructure supporting work in big data and application
- Experience working with data in various compression formats
(including Parquet, ORC) and serialization (AVRO).
- Experience working with AWS or other cloud platform big data
tools such as Elastic Map Reduce (EMR), S3, Redshift
- Experience with or understanding of container services
including Docker and Kubernetes.
- Experience working with AWS Lambda or other serverless
approaches for data processing pipelines.
- Utilize Python or Scala for big data processing with Apache
Spark or Hadoop.
- Experience in infrastructure automation on AWS with Terraform
or similar approaches
- Experience with NodeJs or similar frameworks
- Experience working with bash scripting and the AWS CLI in
- Experience with securely storing and transferring large data
- Experience deploying platform monitoring and performance
- Experience with conceptual and logical model generation,
leveraging tools such as Erwin, Power Designer, Visio, etcWhy
Amitech:Amitech is a rapidly growing organization focused on our
employees. Our diverse and innovative approach to everything we do
means were looking for the groundbreakers and the pioneerspeople
who think differently and create the future.
- Health, Dental, and Vision insurance
- Long and Short-Term Disability
- 401 (k)
- Life insurance
- Pet insurance
- Referral program
- 2018 Top Work Places WinnerAbout UsWe believe healthcare should
and can be better. With a single-minded focus on value, we combine
people, process, culture and technology to drive real and lasting
change.We partner with our clients todeliverdata analytics and
digital transformation strategies andsolutionstomake healthcare
more proactive, higher quality and less expensivefor
everyone.Amitech Solutions, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer
and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for
employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national,
origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other
characteristic protected by law.
Keywords: Amitech Solutions, Chesterfield , Cloud Data Architect, Other , Chesterfield, Missouri
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!