Senior UX/UI Designer - Remote
Company: MiTek Industries, Inc.
Posted on: January 10, 2022
MiTek is a global provider of building solutions for the
residential and commercial construction industries. Utilizing
software, services, engineered products, and automated
manufacturing equipment, MiTek partners with clients to accelerate
their genius and deliver breakthroughs in building. With a rich
60-year history and a network of 6,500 team members worldwide,
MiTek pairs local expertise with global capabilities. As a
Berkshire Hathaway (NYSE: BRK-A, NYSE: BRK-B) company since 2001,
MiTek has a record of continuous growth and innovation. Learn more
This position is a remote position, based in the Central Time Zone.
The UX/UI Designer will be responsible for all necessary
deliverables as described in the following three phases:
Collaborate with stakeholders and key personnel during the
discovery phase of greenfield and brownfield application projects
in order to develop high level concepts and interaction methods
aimed at striking a balance between intended goals and positive
Create lean prototypes and digital wireframes that explore thematic
frameworks capable of supporting breakouts of higher-level concepts
as smaller, manageable visual design problems & user interaction
Design & Development:
Refine all creative concepts and prototypes into finished
deliverables (digital assets, example flows, states, rules,
flowcharts, etc.) for documentation and distribution by product
Job Responsibilities & Requirements
Job Responsibilities & Requirements
* Collaborate across teams on multiple small and large projects of
* Collaborate as part of our growing global UX team. Acting as a
senior voice promoting best practice UX throughout our
* Use multiple design-oriented applications to visualize concepts &
create final works.
* Manage software application/web design UI/UX projects from
concept to delivery collaborating with the rest of the product
* Provide End-to-end support for the look, feel & function of
* Perform UX stakeholder & end-user interviews, value analysis, and
* Ideate, analyze and design UX workflows, epics user stories.
* UX storyboarding, sketching, wireframing, and rapid / low
fidelity / high fidelity prototyping.
* Usability testing by defining scripts, scenarios, and tasks for
* Develop, maintain & review UX design patterns, standards
documents and UI asset libraries.
* Design UI information architecture, design hierarchies and
* Create from scratch or adapt original works as user interface
* Analyze and diagnoses pain points in the customer experience
Skills & Abilities:
Education: BS/MS in Human-Computer Interaction, Interaction Design,
or comparable industry experience.
Experience: Experience working in an Agile/Scrum development
* 5 years design/graphics/UX/UI with proven experience designing
complex software products.
* Demonstrable UI design skills with a portfolio demonstrating
strong graphic/visual design skills, creativity and innovation.
* Ability to create design solutions that make sense, delight
customers, as well as being technically feasible and economically
* Solid experience in creating wireframes, storyboards, user flows,
process flows and site maps.
* Good understanding of Material Design and the Fluent Design
* Proficiency in Adobe Xd, Photoshop, Illustrator, or other visual
design and wire-framing tools
* Excellent visual design skills with sensitivity to user-system
* Ability to present your designs and sell your solutions to
* Ability to solve problems creatively and effectively.
* Fundamental understanding of HTML and CSS.
MiTek is an E-Verify and Drug and Tobacco-Free Workplace.
We are an equal opportunity employer; and all qualified applicants
will receive consideration for employment without regard to race,
color, creed, religion, national origin, ethnicity, physical or
mental disability, sex (including pregnancy, sexual orientation,
gender identity or expression, or transgender status), age (40 and
over), genetic information (including family medical history),
veteran status, or any other protected characteristic.
For accommodation to assist with completing this application,
please contact Human Resources at +1 314-434-1200.
Keywords: MiTek Industries, Inc., Chesterfield , Senior UX/UI Designer - Remote, Other , Chesterfield, Missouri
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!