Payroll and Benefits Manager
Posted on: September 3, 2021
Position Summary: Works closely with the
Payroll and Benefits Director in leading, managing, compliance, and
day-to-day administration of Dierbergs Payroll and Benefits
functions for 4,000 active Associates. Works closely with senior
leadership to create department strategies and objectives, advise
on payroll and benefit policies and best practices.
- Ensure accurate and timely processing of weekly in-house
payroll, tax reports, garnishments, and employee benefits for 4,000
- Provide timely and accurate employee tax-related reports, tax
deposits, and general ledger postings through implementation and
review of payroll related systems.
- Ensure compliance with internal controls, payroll tax laws,
labor contracts, garnishment and child support regulations, and
employee benefit laws in accordance with Federal, State and Local
- Responsible for monitoring, updating, and testing of Payroll
and Timekeeping software system, upgrades, patches, and program
changes. SME for PeopleSoft and Kronos systems
- Ensure adherence to IRS regulations regarding W-2 reporting,
and all facets of payroll processing.
- Ensure compliance?to include FMLA, personal, military, and any
other type of leave granted.
- Responsible for all payroll reporting to internal and external
auditors on Health and Welfare, Pension, 401k plans, and Fiscal
- Ability to interact with senior leadership on all payroll
- Manages Company employee benefit programs such as medical,
dental, retirement, life insurance, disability, flexible spending,
and others; partners with union administrators on company union
plans to ensure compliance
- Assists with broker and carrier selection, plan design
decisions, and any changes in benefit offerings.
- Facilitates collaboration on benefit plan design with senior
leadership to provide cost savings while providing a comprehensive
benefit package to Associates.
- Plan, manage and execute to completion of company sponsored
annual benefits open enrollment process, including design of plan
to educate Associates on benefit offerings and policies. Advises
and counsels management and employees on benefits and responds to
- Prepares and executes, with legal consultation, benefits
documentation such as original and amended plan SPD's, benefit
agreements, and insurance policies.
- Instructs insurance carriers and other administrative agencies
outside the organization to effect changes in the benefits
program.??Ensures prompt and accurate compliance.?
- Oversees and audits benefits-related human resources records,
such as benefits enrollment, application, and claims records for
all benefit plans
- Manages COBRA, ACA & PPACA processes to ensure compliance with
current regulations.??Conducts routine audits of ACA offerings and
- Strong contributor to company wellness efforts including
communicating programs and resources available through our
insurance providers and being involved on the Wellness
- Bachelor's Degree in Human Resources, Business,
Accounting/Finance, or similar field required
- 5 - 10 years of combined compensation and benefits experience
required with advanced knowledge of current Federal and State
regulations and legislation affecting human resources management,
including employee compensation and benefits programs.?
- Thorough understanding of FMLA, COBRA, HIPAA, ACA,
healthcare/benefit plan and retirement plan administration, and
must keep apprised of federal, state, and local regulations to
- Minimum 4 years' experience in planning, organizing and leading
teams and projects and developing team members; an equivalent
combination of?skills, education, and experience may be
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office suite (i.e., Word, Excel,
Outlook), with advanced knowledge of Excel, spreadsheets,
workbooks; advanced knowledge of Payroll systems and experience
with PeopleSoft and Kronos a plus
- High volume, multi-state payroll, Retail or related industry
experience in a union environment is a plus; knowledge of
bargaining unit contracts relating to work rules, benefits,
step-rates, and other salary structures
- Ability to thrive in an ever-changing, fast faced environment.
Have superior organizational skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and business skills to develop and
maintain effective business relationships
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Proven track record of getting desired results
- Strong collaborative and influencing skills to achieve desired
- Ability to work independently under pressure.
- Demonstrates the highest level of professional and ethical
conduct, maintains confidentiality
- Someone who strives to ensure that diversity, equity, inclusion
and belonging show up in your work every day, regardless of how big
or small your tasks and projects are
This description is representative only and is not exhaustive of
the tasks that an associate in the position may be required to
Discover your Hometown Career at the Hometown Store!
Celebrating over 160 years, Dierbergs is a family-owned retail
supermarket chain with nearly 4,000 associates, 24 St. Louis
metro-area stores and a location at Missouri's Lake of the Ozarks.
Named the #1 grocery store in Missouri (by MSN.com) and the 11 th
best grocery store in the nation (by Consumer Reports ), we are
known for our superior customer service and wide range of fresh,
healthy products. We also give back to our communities through a
variety of annual initiatives.
Keywords: Dierbergs, Chesterfield , Payroll and Benefits Manager, Other , Chesterfield, Missouri
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!