Assistant Actuary, Global Actuarial Svcs
Company: Reinsurance Group of America
Posted on: May 3, 2021
Reinsurance in itself is unique. It's a specialized segment of
the industry that's exciting and not bound by the same conservative
restrictions of the direct market. RGA is proud to lead the
reinsurance industry, but the company also is thinking beyond this
segment. RGA is focused on leading the entire life and health
The Assistant Actuary performs valuation/financial reporting and
analysis for the US Individual Life Division of RGA. Contributes to
the maintenance and enhancement of the financial forecasting
infrastructure and analytic foundation by developing/maintaining
actuarial data, assumptions, models and processes used not only for
valuation, but also to support unbiased planning, reporting,
economic capital refinement, embedded value calculation, capital
planning, cash flow testing, and other such uses. Provides general
valuation, financial analysis, and project assistance.
- Researches, develops, maintains, and/or reviews actuarial
assumptions, methods and models. Provides internal guidance and
- Performs detailed Statutory, Tax, and GAAP valuation work for
assigned business, ensures these items are appropriately documented
and posted, and assists with identifying changing requirements and
adapting to maintain compliance.
- Develops unbiased projections for financial planning and
analysis and assists with communication of financial analytics and
results in terms of major drivers of variance.
- Serves as a liaison with other valuation, pricing,
administration, systems, accounting, audit, and finance
- Performs valuation work and ad-hoc department projects as
needed and called upon.
- Maintains regular and predictable attendance.
- Performs other duties as required.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor's degree in Math, Finance, Actuarial Sciences,
Statistics or related field
- ASA accreditation
- 3+ years of actuarial experience in life
- Experience in Individual Life valuation or pricing
- Willingness to pursue FSA accreditation
- 3+ years actuarial experience in reinsurance valuation and/or
financial reporting (GAAP, Statutory, and Tax)
- Experience in Prophet
Skills and Abilities
- Advanced PC and technical skills, including database
applications (Access, Oracle, SQL or equivalent technology),
spreadsheets, statistical programs and actuarial software (Prophet,
AXIS, or equivalent).
- Knowledge of life, health, and/or annuity products.
- Knowledge of GAAP, Statutory, and Tax valuation and financial
- Ability to work independently and to work well within a team
environment and participate in department projects
- Ability to quickly adapt to new methods, work under tight
deadlines and stressful conditions.
- Advanced oral and written communication skills, demonstrating
the ability to convey business terminology that is meaningful and
well received by all stakeholders, including customers and
- Advanced investigative, analytical and problem solving
- Advanced ability to manage multiple projects and/or teams
- Advanced ability to liaise with individuals across a wide
variety of operational, functional and technical disciplines
- Advanced ability to translate business needs and problems into
- Expert in Prophet, and/or AXIS (or equivalent actuarial
- Expert knowledge of US GAAP SFAS 60 and/or LDTI
- Expert knowledge of US Statutory reserving requirements
- Reinsurance industry and product knowledge.
Reinsurance Group of America, Incorporated (NYSE: RGA) is one of
the largest global providers of life reinsurance, with offices
around the world. RGA delivers expert solutions in individual life
reinsurance, individual living benefits reinsurance, group
reinsurance, financial solutions, facultative underwriting and
Keywords: Reinsurance Group of America, Chesterfield , Assistant Actuary, Global Actuarial Svcs, Other , Chesterfield, Missouri
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!