Director, Global Environmental Health and Safety
Company: MiTek Industries, Inc.
Posted on: May 3, 2021
MiTek is a global provider of building solutions for the
residential and commercial construction industries. Utilizing
software, services, engineered products, and automated
manufacturing equipment, MiTek partners with clients to accelerate
their genius and deliver breakthroughs in building. With a rich
60-year history and a network of 6,500 team members worldwide,
MiTek pairs local expertise with global capabilities. As a
Berkshire Hathaway (NYSE: BRK-A, NYSE: BRK-B) company since 2001,
MiTek has a record of continuous growth and innovation. Learn more
The Director, Global Environmental Health and Safety manages the
planning and implementation of occupational safety, health and
environmental programs to assure the highest possible degree of
safety for employees. Ensures MiTek complies with current
applicable federal and state health, safety and environmental laws,
regulations and standards. Maintains regulatory recordkeeping,
develops and conducts regular training of employees.
Job Responsibilities & Requirements
- Develops strategic plans in collaboration with business and
- Ensures objectives are in alignment with current best practices
for occupational health and environmental health and safety.
- Sets vision for global EHS and leads a global EHS team that is
aligned to ensure successful implementation of action plans within
scope of budget
- Develops annual budget and manages to budget/ forecast
- Leads development of harmonized methods, programs and
evaluation criteria for projects, programs, and people
- Manages the development, planning and implementation of
environmental, health and safety programs across the
- Develops health and safety policies and procedures (chemical
safety, ergonomics, illness and injury prevention and building
safety), including those pertaining to hazardous materials and work
- Oversee compliance training and inspection programs for lab and
plant areas to ensure compliance with global occupational safety
and health standards.
- Monitors performance of Environmental Health and Safety
programs and regulatory compliance with all global regulations and
handles all contact with the appropriate government agencies.
- Selects, develops and evaluates personnel to ensure the
efficient operation of the function.
- Leads and a develops team of diverse and experienced EHS
professionals and leaders
- The above statements are intended to describe the general
nature of work performed by those in this job. It is not an
exhaustive list of all duties, and other duties may be
- A team builder who is able to coach and mentor team members and
work closely with employees on their continued development.
- Develops and maintains good relationships, gains the confidence
of others and works effectively in a multidisciplinary matrix
- Strategic thinker with creative and excellent problem solving
and decision-making skills.
- Resilient self-starter, who can act independently and learn
quickly within a rapidly evolving environment.
- Excellent communicator with strong interpersonal skills and
demonstrated experience managing remote and/or global teams.
- Excellent analytical skills with an ability to critically
interpret and use scientific and clinical data to manage risk
- Able to effectively collaborate with site operations,
functional leaders and external clients and vendors.
- Perceptive, creative, and innovative with the ability to
contribute new ideas and to build consensus.
SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Bachelor's Degree in environmental sciences, occupational
health or engineering, MS or MBA preferred.
- 15 or more years of experience in global occupational health
and environmental safety
- 15 years of work experience in a role influencing people and
outcomes; such as EHS, HR, Safety Committees, Supervisor/Lead
position in a manufacturing environment.
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal
- Travel up to 50%. Some travel with short notice required.
MiTek is an E-Verify and Drug and Tobacco-Free Workplace.
We are an equal opportunity employer; and all qualified
applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard
to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, ethnicity,
physical or mental disability, sex (including pregnancy, sexual
orientation, gender identity or expression, or transgender status),
age (40 and over), genetic information (including family medical
history), veteran status, or any other protected
For accommodation to assist with completing this application,
please contact Human Resources at +1 314-434-1200.
Keywords: MiTek Industries, Inc., Chesterfield , Director, Global Environmental Health and Safety, Other , Chesterfield, Missouri
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!