Controller Chesterfield, St. Louis, MO
Are you an individual with an analytical mind with a solid
understanding of accounting and financial reporting principles and
practices? If so, American Direct Marketing Resources has an
exciting opportunity for you as a Controller.
The Controller will oversee all daily accounting functions and
operations. The Controller is responsible for the management and
generation of monthly, quarterly and annual financial statements.
The Controller will maintain all accounting records consistent with
Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) and company
The key responsibilities of a Controller include, but are not
- Establish financial policies, procedures, controls and
- Monitor monthly billings, expenditures, and collections.
- Collect, analyze and summarize financial data and trends.
- Implement effective cost control procedures.
- Monitor budgets and variances.
- Provide status of financial condition to CFO by interpreting
financial data collected.
- Facilitate annual audits by providing financial data to
- Protect company assets and operations by keeping financial data
confidential and maintaining internal controls.
- Oversee the operations and staff of the accounting department,
including the design of an organizational structure adequate for
achieving the department's goals and objectives
American Direct is a direct response marketing agency with over
36 years of experience working with national brands. From strategy
and creative development, through plan implementation and
execution, we provide every service to successfully execute direct
Today, our company employs over 85 people and conducts marketing
campaigns in every state in the U.S. and every Canadian
- Paid vacation, holidays and sick time.
- 401k w/match and Company-funded Profit-Sharing Program.
- Health, dental, eye, and disability long-term care and life
This position is full time and requires normal in-office working
hours of Monday through Friday 8:30 a.m. to 5 p.m.
The key skills and qualities of a Controller:
- A Bachelors Degree in Accounting or Finance.
- 5 years minimum of prior accounting experience and
understanding of GAAP.
- CPA preferred.
- Strong competency in Microsoft Office, Primarily Excel and
Accounting software packages.
If you are keen on joining this exciting company and taking the
next step in your career, then please submit a cover
lever and resume today.