Senior Software Engineer
Company: IT People Corporation
Posted on: December 9, 2018
Our Fortune 500 global client is seeking a Senior Software Engineer to join their team immediately. If you are looking to work with a team of excellent IT professionals to further grow your skills and career, this could be the opportunity for you.
- Looking for someone with 5+ years' overall software development experience.
- We are a large SQL Server shop so strong skills with SQL Server are required.
- Ideally will have healthcare or financial industry experience.
- Looking for experience in Java applications with expertise in Scala and Play Framework.
- Requires experience with cloud infrastructure components from AWS.
- Will have ownership of assigned software deliverables.
- Will be working with Business Analyst and Project Managers to ensure requirements are understood, and that deliverables are within budget, on time, and meets defined quality standards.
- Will participate in peer review and sign-off of others work.Accountabilities:
- Perform Specification, Design, Coding, Testing, Documentation in the areas of Development and Maintenance.
- Other tasks as directed by line or Project Manager.Accountabilities:
- Design, Coding, Testing, Documentation in the areas of Development and Maintenance
- Ownership of assigned software and non-software deliverables
- Liaison with Business Analysts and/or internal/external customers to ensure that requirements are understood
- Production of accurate, unambiguous technical design specifications to the required level of detail in the timescales as defined by the PM
- Production, preparation, and execution of unit test plans
- Production of efficient and fully documented code.
- Production of supporting technical and installation documentation for internal and external publication
- Achievement of agreed productivity targets in order to ensure developments are delivered within budget, to schedule, and too defined quality standards
- Completion of all necessary software and non-software components in the timescales as defined by the Project Manager
- Ability to work with little day to day supervision from the project and/or line managerQuality and Adherence to Standards
- Tech Specs, Code and/or Unit Test Plans produced are all in line with the Traceability Matrix/Functional Specification.
- Ensure all work is reviewed to ensure adherence to the relevant development standards
- Peer review and sign-off of others work
- Timely and accurate reporting of project status as required by Line or Project Manager
- Production and revision of accurate detailed estimates
- Escalate product issues and suggest product improvements
- Escalate all issues in a timely fashion
- Mentor junior team members in best practices and standardsSpecific Requirements:
- Academic and professional qualifications
- Successful completion of a Bachelor's Degree or relevant Technical / Business Experience.Experience
- Typically 4-8 years experienceTravel requirements
- Very little or no travel is required in this roleWorking arrangements
Keywords: IT People Corporation, Chesterfield , Senior Software Engineer, IT / Software / Systems , Chesterfield, Missouri
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!