Data Architect (SQL, Python, R, Neo4j, API, Data Services)
Company: The Syllogisteks Company
Posted on: March 21, 2020
Must be able to work as our W2 employee This position is needed
to design big data solutions for business data. The successful
candidate will know the right technology and match data access
patterns with best technology solutions and integrate heterogeneous
environment into a single logical data layer. The Data Architect
role is responsible for design and development of enterprise-class
data solutions. This position will create technical design
documents that map source to target, define transformation rules
and ensure integration with the data warehouse.
Responsible for implementing our efforts around best fit data
architecture using one or more database technologies to engineer
back-end solutions and to provide operational support.
Heavy skills required in Oracle SQL, Neo4j, API & Data
Requires some IT Languages such as Spark, Amazon Web Services,
Requires a degree or 3-5 years experience in field or related
- BA/BS with a focus in Math, Statistics, Information Systems
Management, Computer Science or GIS.
- 5+ years of relevant development experience with recent
experience in Python, R & SQL
- 2+ years experience with working with geospatial
- Experience working with cloud tools such as AWS and Domino data
- Strong organizational skills, interpersonal skills, written and
- Strong problem solving and proven project delivery
- Demonstrated experience with global multi-disciplinary teams &
learning the science
- Creative, proactive, bold and out-of-box thinking
Specifics around the project:
- Integrate, transform, validate and reconcile large amounts of
- Assemble and evaluate data such that new insights, solutions,
and visualizations can be derived.
- Exploratory data analysis, data cleaning & processing - Perform
data discoveries to understand data formats, source systems, file
sizes, etc. and engage with business partners in this discovery
- Drive critical decision making by conducting various type of
descriptive statistics and data quality analyses.
- Directed and/or independent research to test scientific
- Identify trends / data quality issues / anomalies across large
data sets, particularly in the area of machine data, and other
agronomic management practices.
- Evaluate the limitations of existing data sources and provide
recommendations to address unmet data needs
- Technologies: Domino, Airflow, Jenkins, Hadoop, Kafka, GraphQL
- Project description: Develop and implement new data pipeline
solutions to support business strategies thru value driven
prioritization & alignment with senior leadership
- Will work with:
- Data scientists and Analyst in the Field Solution Technologies
Analytics and Data Pipeline team
- Data Manager, Software Engineers, Design Analysts in the Field
Solution Technologies Automation and Pipeline Connectivity
- Data Manager and Data Engineers in the R&D IT Team
- Protocol Manager and Field Trial Officers in the Field
Solutions Regional teams
- Position is open due to converting a contractor to an FTE &
growth needed in the team
- Initially, 90% building, 10% maintaining; That will change over
time as the pipeline is built out.
- Team Dynamic/Culture: The Field Solutions Technologies Team is
a new team that has been created in Bayer Field Solutions. The
Automation and Pipeline Connectivity (APC) Team which this Data
Engineer will be part of will be working on transitioning the
Legacy Bayer Field Testing systems into the Monsanto Field Testing
platform in order to leverage the geospatial and analytical
capabilities that exist in the platform. The expectations for the
team are very high and Field Solutions is extremely excited about
the transition. The team will need to think big and out of the box
as we make this transition - the Bayer system has been used for 50
years, so this will be a challenging, yet transformational
transition, which will have impact across the globe. We will be a
fast paced and agile team and will need to leverage data and
systems across Bayer and legacy Monsanto together to have the quick
and valuable impact. Currently the APC team consists of 5 FTE and 2
contractors, with the goal to grow to about 8 FTE and 4 contractors
- If candidate is successful, this could transition into a full
time position and responsibilities could evolve more to working on
developing analytical models with Data Scientists and
- Open to candidates who are willing to relocate.
- Not open to remote workers at this time.
- 60 min video conference or in person interviews.
- Would like to review and interview candidates within the next 3
weeks. Would prefer to have start date be the beginning of
- No certifications are required.
Keywords: The Syllogisteks Company, Chesterfield , Data Architect (SQL, Python, R, Neo4j, API, Data Services), IT / Software / Systems , Chesterfield, Missouri
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!