Line Cook (Part-Time) Up To $16/hr
Posted on: January 15, 2020
Overview Line Cook (Part-Time) Up To $16/hr StoryPoint of
Chesterfield As a Cook, you will prepare and cook large quantities
of food according to menus, recipes, and planned residents or
guests. Required Experience
- High School diploma (or equivalent) or technical school
- 1-2 years of line cook experience and/or training
- Baking skills are preferred
- Good communication skills are required Primary Responsibilities
- Cook and prepare food for residents, guests, and
- Prepare food according to the planned menu using standard
- Plate food items following portion guidelines and garnishing
- Ensure that sufficient food is prepped and/or prepared.
- Communicate with supervisor of shortages or outages.
- Ensure freshness, cooking status, and proper seasoning of all
- Stock and clean station for next shift.
- Follow proper food rotation policies.
- Each Cook must have knowledge of the resident rights and
ensures an atmosphere that allows for privacy, dignity, and
well-being of all residents in a safe and secure environment.
- Maintain safety, including universal precautions and safe work
practices, established fire/safety/disaster plans, risk management,
- Clean and inspect kitchen appliances and work areas in order to
ensure cleanliness and functional operation.
- Present a professional appearance by wearing uniform and name
- Consistently maintains a positive attitude that supports a team
- Promotion of positive public relations with residents, family
members, and guests. To apply please email your resume to: #INDHP
Serving is our Business Connecting Seniors, Families and
Communities StoryPoint and Independence Village have over 35 years
of experience working and living with seniors creating a deep
understanding of their unique needs and desires. It's this
combination of technology, understanding, appreciation, and
commitment that sets us apart and makes our culture so special for
both our employees and our residents. Everyone in our communities
commits to appreciating our residents as individuals who deserve to
shine, every day. 1440 Culture Not Just Making Every Day Great.
Making Every Minute Great. There are 1,440 minutes in every single
day. We aspire to make each one of them an exceptional moment. This
philosophy is supported by our 6 powerful, yet simple pillars:
Dream Big, Have Courage, Take Initiative, Be Accountable, Give Back
& Enjoy it. We strive to fulfill the aspirational yet unattainable
goal of creating the absolute best experience with every person, in
every interaction, every minute of every day. It begins with
empowering our employees. Every employee, at every level of the
company, is expected to perform like a leader. Everyone is
encouraged and expected to put the needs of each other above
everything else. No one here just "does their job" The mission is
to create the absolute best experiences. This emphasis on putting
people first has helped us successfully grow for the right reasons.
We have developed an environment that attracts dreamers,
adventurers, creators, givers and believers to seek career
opportunities with us. We find people who believe that true
happiness is only found in the service of others. We want
high-performers with diverse skill-sets and big hearts. We treat
each other as family and find that close collaboration creates the
biggest ideas. We have comprehensive benefit packages that include
health, dental, vision, 401(k), income protection, and
extraordinary work-life benefits. This classification description
is intended to indicate the general kinds of tasks and levels of
work difficulty that are required of positions given this title and
should not be construed as declaring what the specific duties and
responsibilities of any particular position shall be. It is not
intended to limit or in any way modify the right of any supervisor
to assign, direct and control the work of the employees under
her/his supervision. The use of a particular expression or
illustration describing duties shall not exclude other duties not
mentioned that are of a similar kind or level of difficulty. Equal
Opportunity Employer Click on glassdoor to see our employee
Keywords: StoryPoint, Chesterfield , Line Cook (Part-Time) Up To $16/hr, Human Resources , Chesterfield, Missouri
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!