Posted on: August 17, 2019
Food. Cooking. Creativity. Is this your life? Do you believe that
commitment unlocks unlimited potential? We are the perfect Company
to launch or further your career. We are all about great
ingredients, culinary innovation and nourishing inspiration. Oh
yeah, we don't work weekends unless we are opening a new location
or kicking it at some cool industry event.
Guckenheimer, is a national foodservice management company that
pioneered restaurant style, healthful dining in the workplace. We
encourage our team members to join in community events such as Chef
Ann Foundation to support the #RealSchoolFood campaign, promoting
cooking healthy meals with real ingredients at schools., Second
Harvest Food Bank, Girls on the Run, and many more community
We offer fantastic health and wellness benefit options that include
but not limited to medical, HSA, a rewarding wellness program,
dental, vision, FSA, commuter benefits, EAP, free meal each day,
free pair of safety shoes at time of hire, and much more.
Guckenheimer's own Learning Management System at your fingertips
and a yearly tuition reimbursement program will enable you to
enhance your career development in your new and exciting position
We encourage you to apply to our Sous Chefopportunity and bring
your knowledge and passion of high quality food and customer
service to our culinary program.
Work in coordination with the chef to complete all food
preparation. Prepare visually appealing and good tasting foods to
Guckenheimer standards. Prepare, season, and cook soups, meats,
vegetables, desserts, or other foodstuffs as required. Serve
customers during meal periods.
- Passion for customer service
- Positive attitude
- Ability to communicate effectively
- Season and cook food according to recipes and
- Observe and test foods to determine if they have been cooked
sufficiently, taking temperatures. Adjust seasoning to customer
- Portion, arrange, and garnish food, and serve food to
- Regulate temperature of ovens, broilers, grills, and
- Bake, roast, broil, and steam meats, fish, vegetables, and
- Prepare soups and chili.
- Wash, peel cut and seed fruits and vegetables to prepare them
- Substitute for or assist other cooks during emergencies or rush
- Use food cost control methods.
- Assist with Inventory completion.
- Follow all safety rules and actively prevent
- Commitment to the service values and ethics of the client
- Comply with all ServSafe and HACCP programs and principles.
Essential Skills and Experience:
- Must be able to correctly and safely use standards kitchen
equipment. Chefs' knives; Convection ovens; Rotating rack ovens;
Meat and cheese slicing machines, steamers, mandolins, grills and
- Knowledge of raw materials, production processes, quality
control, costs, and other techniques for food preparation.
- Product ordering and receiving.
- Menu Planning and Identify new recipes for use.
- Possess ServSafe certification or State / City Food Handlers
Reporting to this position: None
Reports to: Chef or Chef Manager
FLSA status: Nonexempt
Physical Demands and Work Environment:
- Ability to lift a minimum of 25 #.
- Ability to work on their feet 7.5 hour per day excluding
- Employee has to work under pressure and time deadlines during
Guckenheimer embraces equal opportunity employment
Guckenheimer participates in the E-Verify Program, as required by
Keywords: Guckenheimer, Chesterfield , Sous Chef, Hospitality & Tourism , Chesterfield, Missouri
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!