Company: Dierbergs Markets
Posted on: March 10, 2019
Purpose: The Cashier efficiently operates the register while ensuring that each customer receives Extra Step customer service.
- Provide friendly Extra Step service to our customers
- Read basic information which contains a number of details and describes procedures involving several steps.
- Use basic math skills including addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division
- Use basic computer skills
Expectations for all Dierbergs Associates:
- Conform to Dierbergs dress code, appearance, and personal hygiene standards. Visible tattoos must be covered and piercings, other than ears, must be removed.
- Be flexible in scheduling (including weekends and holidays)
- Maintain prompt, regular, and dependable attendance as scheduled
- Comply with all federal, state, location regulations, and Dierbergs policies
Essential Job Functions:
- Provide Extra Step customer service to every customer
- Use equipment such as computer terminal, scanner, keyboard, code book, intercom system, calculator, printer, telephone, coupon machine, etc. accurately
- Operate cash register, monitor U-Scan operation accurately while accepting all forms of payment (ex: gift cards, credits, debits, EBT cards, tax exempts, store charge and WIC vouchers)
- Maintain accurate cash control regarding overages and shortages
- Bag customers items correctly and assist courtesy clerks in completing orders
- Scan 20 items per minute after 2 to 3 months
- Keep equipment in proper working order
- Work safely to prevent on-the-job injuries
- Observe and report shoplifters
- Verify customer identification for liquor and tobacco purchases according to Missouri law and Dierbergs policy
- Promote company innovations, new products, and utilize suggestive selling techniques
- Work actions include standing in one place for extended periods of time, reaching, and bending
- Lift up to 30 lbs.
- Keep work area sanitary by using company approved cleaners and equipment
- You may be cross-trained in other departments
This description is representative only and is not exhaustive of the tasks that an associate in the position may be required to perform.
Keywords: Dierbergs Markets, Chesterfield , Cashier, Hospitality & Tourism , Chesterfield, Missouri
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!