Supervisor, Pharmacy Operations
Posted on: March 10, 2019
Overview:OUR CULTURAL BELIEFSPatient Minded I act with the patient s best interest in mind.Client Delight I own every client experience and its impact on results.Take Action I am empowered and empower others to act now.Grow Talent I own my development and invest in the development of others. Win Together I passionately connect with anyone, anywhere, anytime to achieve results. Communication Matters I speak up to create transparent, thoughtful and timely dialogue.Own ItI hold myself and others accountable for results.THE POSITION:The Supervisor, Pharmacy Operations is responsible for the day to day operations of the pharmacy and overall flow of prescription and wholesale orders through the pharmacy. This position requires mastery knowledge of all aspects of picking, packing, and shipping orders. The Supervisor manages and trains pharmacy staff to ensure all orders are processed correctly, efficiently, and in compliance with all federal and state laws and policies and procedures. Additionally, the Supervisor is required to develop and amend policies and procedures to meet business needs and recognize and recommend operational improvements. They are responsible for hiring and training pharmacy staff.ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:Our people leaders are tasked with delivering excellent business results through the efforts of their teams. These results are achieved by: Overseeing the day to day operations of the pharmacy fulfillment to ensure work is accomplished efficiently and accurately Onboarding and On-the-Job training of team members on all departmental policies and procedures Scheduling staff in accordance with business needs Act as a point of escalation for questions or concerns that require expertise Working with Warehouse Operations Manager to ensure proper amounts of medication and peripheral inventory are maintained to meet business needs. Maintaining pharmacy equipment by ensuring all repairs and maintenance are scheduled and completed to keep pharmacy personnel working without interruption Supervising medication storage and preparation areas in the pharmacy for cleanliness and safety Monitoring medication storage and preparation areas in the pharmacy for temperature and humidity and escalating any issues as appropriate Creating and updating departmental SOPs as needed Participating in management meetings and conducting staff meetings
- Assisting other departments with processing orders to and through the pharmacy Participating in/overseeing special pharmacy projects as required Ability to skillfully perform all duties of Lead Pharmacy Technician including but not limited to the following:o Maintenance of DME (receiving, distribution, and preventive maintenance)o Assigning fulfillment staff as needed for optimal work-flow managemento Pick/Pack and shipping orders All other duties as assignedReasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this position.PEOPLE LEADERPeople leaders must possess both the skills to effectively accomplish these tasks and the emotional intelligence to do so in alignment with our cultural values. In addition to the critical management and leadership tasks listed above, this role also includes the following unique responsibilities: Supervise a team, promote a team environment and ensure high quality standards are met in accordance with organizations policies, procedures, and applicable laws
- Interview, select and supervise the activities of the department staff; communicate interpret and discuss with team the company policies and procedures
- Determine job objectives, work methods and performance standards; review performance relative to departmental objectives discussion appraisal with each employee and performance; authorize and communicate salary changes, promotions, transfers, discipline and discharge and administer all other personnel actions
- Setting clear direction, effective plans and measurable outcomes Engaging employees to maximize their discretionary effort Developing a pipeline of excellent talent to fill future business needs
- Monitoring key performance indicators to ensure compliance with client contracts and customer satisfactionEXPECTATIONS OF THE JOB: Travel 5% Hours 40 hours per week, Monday Fridayo Occasional Saturdays to meet business needsThe above list reflects the general details necessary to describe the expectations of the position and shall not be construed as the only expectations that may be assigned for the position.An individual in this position must be able to successfully perform the expectations listed above.MINIMUM KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:The requirements listed below are representative of the experience, education, knowledge, skill and/or abilities required. Current MO pharmacy technician registration in good standing Four years prior experience as pharmacy technician or 1 year experience at EVERSANA pharmacy High school diploma or GED Punctual and reliable Ability to adapt and successfully handle unexpected situations Basic math calculation skills Reasonable knowledge of information systems and software applications for program operations Strong written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skillsPREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS: Associates Degree or higher Previous supervisory experience Previous experience with a CPR+ based computer systemPHYSICAL/MENTAL DEMANDS AND WORKING ENVIRONMENT:The physical and mental requirements along with the work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an individual encounters while performing the essential functions of this position.This position requires medium physical activity; walking or standing at a minimum of 80% of the shift and lifting up to 50 pounds. While performing the duties of this job the employee is regularly required to reach, lift, use hands to finger, grasp, stand, walk, and engage in repetitive motion. Bending, squatting, pivoting and stooping may be required. The employee is intermittently required to climb, kneel or crouch, pushing or pull, feel, talk and hear. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.This role requires mental alertness. The employee must regularly communicate both verbally and written; concentrate on tasks; and remember and observe details. The employee must frequently adjust to changes; handle stress and emotions; and think analytically.This job operates in a pharmacy/warehouse environment. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate. The employee is not substantially exposed to adverse environmental conditions.
Keywords: Dohmen, Chesterfield , Supervisor, Pharmacy Operations, Healthcare , Chesterfield, Missouri
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!