Medical Science Liaison - MSL
Company: Job Juncture
Location: Saint Louis
Posted on: November 13, 2018
Develops and maintains professional relationships with internal and external customers to provide comprehensive medical and scientific support to company initiatives in assigned therapeutic areas.
Facilitates information, education, and research activities for physicians and ancillary healthcare professionals regarding current and future therapies in development or commercialized. Works closely with other personnel to ensure information, education, and research needs of healthcare professionals are met and to ensure scientific and technical training needs of commercial organizations are identified and met
Main Areas of Responsibilities
- Identify, develop and maintain professional relationships with thought leaders, academic centers and researchers in assigned areas of therapeutic interest to ensure access to current medical and scientific information on corporate products.
- Support research initiatives as requested by corporate R&D, Clinical Operations, Medical Affairs Departments, and physician-initiated projects.
- Serve as internal medical and scientific resource to assigned therapeutic areas with respect to planning for and developing communications and other materials on product information Consistent with regulatory guidelines, ensure medical accuracy and balance of information to be disseminated.
- Present data on company products to healthcare professionals including physicians, academic institutions, researchers, and other healthcare professionals.
- Provide approved information to clients to ensure access to current medical and scientific information necessary.
- The MSL may serve as the scientific advisor in the evaluation of new products and technologies under consideration for portfolio enhancement/expansion.
- Support Round Table and Advisory Board sessions to ensure accuracy of and clinician access to up-to-date scientific and clinical data.
- Conducts on-going training to medical affairs, field sales and other internal personnel as directed.
- Ensures up to date knowledge of product use and competitor data.
- Serves as local medical and scientific resource to Product planning for communication of product information.
Provide support for payer-facing activities to public and commercial managed markets. These activities may include delivering clinical and pharmacy presentations, presentation development and review with Payer Team colleagues, providing scientific support for medical policy initiatives, training, and product differentiation.
- Accountable for maintaining annual expenses within assigned budget parameters.
- Responsible for accurate and timely documentation of above activities. Preferred Skills/Qualification
- Requires minimum 3+ year total specific industry experience (pharma, device, etc.) and minimum
- 4 years post professional degree practice or relevant transferable experience (clinical practice, academic research, regulatory/scientific)
- GI/Hepatology experience strongly preferred but not required
- M.D., Pharm.D, Ph.D, or other recognized doctorate level education with supporting applicable health science background.
MSL located in the St Louis area. Territory will cover MO, MN, WI, KS, SD, ND, IA, NE
Keywords: Job Juncture, Chesterfield , Medical Science Liaison - MSL, Healthcare , Saint Louis, Missouri
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!