Per Diem Social Worker (SSM Health) - Richmond Heights, MO
Company: UnitedHealth Group
Posted on: September 17, 2023
$5,000 Sign On Bonus For External Candidates
Optum is a global organization that delivers care, aided by
technology to help millions of people live healthier lives. The
work you do with our team will directly improve health outcomes by
connecting people with the care, pharmacy benefits, data and
resources they need to feel their best. Here, you will find a
culture guided by diversity and inclusion, talented peers,
comprehensive benefits and career development opportunities. Come
make an impact on the communities we serve as you help us advance
health equity on a global scale. Join us to start Caring.
Connecting. Growing together.--
This position is per diem, Monday - Friday. Employees are required
to work minimum of four 8-hour shifts per month during our normal
business hours of 8:00am - 4:30pm. Our office is located at 6420
Clayton Rd, Richmond Heights, MO 63117.
We offer 2 weeks of training. The hours during training will be
based off their schedule.
- Provides social work assistance to patients and families as
related to social determinants of health.
- Interviews patients, assesses priorities and documents case
- May consult with members of the multi-disciplinary team in
liaison with community resources to support the patient's
- Assists patients/families with obtaining community assistance
by referral to proper resources.
- Develops and maintains working relationships with community
health, welfare, and social agencies and seeks creative means to
assist the patient with his/her needs.
- Active participant with other members of the team regarding
opportunities for improvement in standard work.
- Works in a constant state of alertness and safe
- Performs other duties as assigned.
You'll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an
environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on
what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide
development for other roles you may be interested in.Required
- Master's Degree (or higher) in Social Work
- 1+ years of experience working in a hospital setting
- Ability to work minimum of four 8-hour shifts per month during
our normal business hours of 8:00am - 4:30pm, Monday - Friday
Physical and Work Environment:
- Frequent reaching, sitting, standing and walking.
- Frequent use of vision and depth perception for distances near
(20 inches or less) and far (20 feet or more).
- Frequent use of hearing and speech to share information through
oral communication. Ability to hear alarms, malfunctioning
- Frequent keyboard use/data entry.
- Occasional bending, stooping, climbing, twisting and
- Occasional lifting/carrying and pushing/pulling objects
weighing 0-25 lbs.
- Occasional use of vision to identify and distinguish
- Occasional driving.
- Rare repetitive foot/leg and hand/arm movements and
(All care givers that are in patient rooms may have to touch a
patient depending on what is needed. For the most part CMs and SWs
just do interviews with patients)
**PLEASE NOTE** The sign on bonus is only available to external
candidates. Candidates who are currently working for a UnitedHealth
Group, UnitedHealthcare or related entity in a full time, part
time, or per diem basis ("Internal Candidates") are not eligible to
receive a sign on bonus.
At UnitedHealth Group, our mission is to help people live healthier
lives and make the health system work better for everyone. We
believe everyone-of every race, gender, sexuality, age, location
and income-deserves the opportunity to live their healthiest life.
Today, however, there are still far too many barriers to good
health which are disproportionately experienced by people of color,
historically marginalized groups and those with lower incomes. We
are committed to mitigating our impact on the environment and
enabling and delivering equitable care that addresses health
disparities and improves health outcomes - an enterprise priority
reflected in our mission.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an
Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer and all
qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin,
protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation,
gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information,
or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug - free workplace. Candidates are
required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Keywords: UnitedHealth Group, Chesterfield , Per Diem Social Worker (SSM Health) - Richmond Heights, MO, Healthcare , Chesterfield, Missouri
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!