Company: Timberlake Surgery Center
Posted on: May 11, 2022
-No weekends, nights, holidays, or on call! $1,000 sign-on
bonus! -JOB TITLE: Surgical Technologist/Assistant to Materials
ManagerSUPERVISION RECEIVED: Physician and/or Registered
NurseGENERAL SUMMARY OF DUTIES: - Surgical technologists, also
called scrubs and surgical or operating room technicians, assist in
surgical operations under the supervision of surgeons, registered
nurses, or other surgical personnel. Surgical technologists are
members of operating room teams, which most commonly include
surgeons, anesthesiologists, and circulating nurses. -
Additionally, assisting the Materials manager with ordering
supplies, completing charges and computer
- A graduate of an accredited surgical technologist program.
- Must be certified to perform CPR with 0-2 years of clinical
experience in a related field. ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
- Prepares and maintains medical equipment for surgical
- Help before -an operation, surgical technologists help prepare
the operating room by setting up surgical instruments and
equipment, sterile drapes, and sterile solutions.
- Follows hospital regulations and industry procedures to tend to
patient during pre-operation procedures.
- Performs pre-operation preparations to the patient's skin, body
and medical equipment.
- Assemble both sterile and non-sterile equipment, as well as
adjust and check it to ensure it is working properly.
- Get patients ready for surgery by washing, shaving, and
disinfecting incision sites.
- Transport patients to the operating room, help position them on
the operating table, and cover them with sterile surgical
- Observe patients' vital signs, check charts, and assist the
surgical team with putting on sterile gowns and gloves.
- Pass instruments and other sterile supplies to surgeons and
- Hold retractors, cut sutures, and help count sponges, needles,
supplies, and instruments. Help prepare, care for, and dispose of
specimens taken for laboratory analysis and help apply
- Operate sterilizers, lights, or suction machines, and help
operate diagnostic equipment.
- After an operation, help transfer patients to the recovery room
and clean and restock the operating room.
- Performs other duties as assigned.Benefits:-Monday - Friday (No
weekends or Holidays)-Medical, Dental, Vision, Life
Insurance-401k-Paid Time Off-Bonus Plan
Keywords: Timberlake Surgery Center, Chesterfield , Surgical Technician, Healthcare , Chesterfield, Missouri
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!