Registered Nurse - FT Nights - St. Luke's Rehab
Company: PAM Health
Posted on: January 8, 2022
Registered NurseUnder the direction of the Chief Nursing
Officer/Director of Nursing, Nurse Manager or Charge Nurse, the
Registered Nurse is responsible for utilizing the nursing process
while delivering, directing and supervising care to patients
admitted to the nursing unit. The Registered Nurse plans,
coordinates, and provides patient care to include interdisciplinary
planning, discharge planning, patient and family teaching for
post-hospitalization, and accessing community resources. May
perform other related duties as assigned or requested, including
Charge Nurse (ACLS certification required).
RESPONSIBILITIESPatient Care Essential Job Functions
- Maintains accurate, detailed reports and records.
- Monitors, records and reports symptoms and changes in patients'
- Maintains complete and accurate records of all activities
- Modifies patient treatment plans as indicated by patients'
responses and conditions.
Consults and coordinates with health care team members to assess,
plan, implement and evaluate patient care plans.
- Orders, interprets and evaluates diagnostic tests to identify
and assess patient's condition.
- Monitors all aspects of care, including diet and physical
- Directs and supervises LVNs/LPNs, PCTs, CNAs/NAs.
- Prepares patients for, and assists with, examinations and
- Performs all scheduled assessments and physician orders in a
- Demonstrates proper use of med dispense system.
- Performs in the department as a team member.
- Performs work accurately, and in a professional manner, being
conscious of patient/department needs.
- Demonstrates knowledge and skill in nursing
processes/procedures, in accordance with policies and
procedures.Leadership (Charge Nurse) Essential Functions (if
applicable to the role)
- Inclusiveness: Promotes cooperation, fairness and equity; shows
respect for people and their differences; works to understand
perspectives of others; demonstrates empathy; brings out the best
in others and in his/her team.
- Managing Staff: Coaches, evaluates, develops, and inspires
staff; sets expectations; recognizes achievements; effectively
manages conflict; aligns department goals with company goals;
provides feedback; group leadership; delegates appropriately;
evaluations completed on time as applicable.
- Stewardship and Resource Management: Demonstrates
accountability and sound judgment in managing company resources;
appropriate understanding of confidentiality and company values;
adheres to and supports company policies, procedures and safety
- Problem-Solving: Identifies problems and involves others in
seeking solutions; conducts appropriate analysis; searches for best
solutions; effectively and efficiently implements appropriate
response to correct problem; responds promptly and effectively to
- Decision-Making: Makes clear, consistent decisions; acts with
integrity in all decisions; distinguishes relevant from irrelevant
information; makes time, appropriate decisions.
- Strategic planning and organizing: Understands company vision
and aligns priorities accordingly; measures outcomes; uses feedback
to redirect as required; evaluates alternatives; appropriately
organizes complex issues to desirable resolution.
- Communication: Connects with peers, subordinate employees and
all customers; actively listens; clearly and effectively shares
information; demonstrates effective oral and written communication
skills; negotiates effectively.
- Quality Improvement: Strives for efficient, effective,
high-quality performance in self and the department; delivers
timely and accurate results; resilient when responding to matters
that are challenging; takes initiative to make improvements.
- Leadership: Motivates others; accepts responsibility; maintains
high morale in department; develops trust and credibility; expects
honest and ethical behavior of self and staff.
- Teamwork: Encourages cooperation and collaboration; builds
effective teams; works in partnership with others; is flexible;
responsive to the needs of others.
- Development: Maintains up-to-date skills through involvement
with professional organizations or continuing education;
participates in performance improvement activities and
self-development; attends in-services and other mandatory training;
maintains licensure and other required certifications.
QUALIFICATIONSEducation and Training: Holds current licensure as a
Registered Nurse in the state where the hospital resides. Current
BLS certification is required.**Current ACLS certification is
required for Charge Nurses, High Ops, and ICU. **Experience: One
year of inpatient medical-surgical nursing experience preferred but
not required.Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Verbal ability to effectively express ideas and views for
communication with (as appropriate) pediatric, adolescent, adult,
and geriatric patients, visitors, and staff members.
- Read and write English language including medical terminology
- Clerical ability to document completely and accurately in
- Cognitive ability to implement the nursing process with (as
appropriate) pediatric, adolescent, adult and geriatric patients in
the nursing setting.
- Organizational ability to complete nursing tasks in a timely
and efficient manner
- Ability to motivate staff in performance of patient care.
- Capacity to relate to people in a manner to win confidence and
- Flexibility to adjust to changing conditions and the various
details of the job.
ABOUT USPAM Health is committed to being the most trusted source
for post-acute services in every community it serves by utilizing
experienced and dedicated staff to provide high quality patient
care and customer service. With over 44 Long Term Acute Care and
Rehabilitation hospitals and 16 Outpatient Clinics currently in
operation across the country, we are proud to offer services
including comprehensive wound care, aquatic therapy, ventilator
weaning, amputation treatment, pain management and much
more.Joining our PAMily allows you to work in a collaborative
environment with colleagues and leadership with exposure to a
variety of patient care levels. Aside from our competitive pay,
generous paid benefit time, and excellent insurance options, you
will also have opportunities for professional growth through our
Education Advancement Program.We are excited to learn more about
you and hope that you consider joining us on a shared mission to
improve the lives of others by being an integral part of our We
Care Program. Please take a moment to visit us online at
www.postacutemedical.com for a comprehensive look at how we're able
to positively impact our local communities.PAM Health does not
discriminate and does not permit discrimination, including, without
limitation, bullying, abuse or harassment, on the basis of actual
or perceived race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, age,
gender, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, gender
identity or expression or HIV status, or based on association with
another person on account of that person's actual or perceived
race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, gender,
physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, gender identity
or expression or HIV status.Licenses & CertificationsRequired
- Basic Life Support
- Registered NursePreferred
- Adv Cardiovascular LifeSp
Keywords: PAM Health, Chesterfield , Registered Nurse - FT Nights - St. Luke's Rehab, Healthcare , Chesterfield, Missouri
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!