Director, International Tax
Company: RGA Reinsurance Company
Posted on: March 18, 2023
Position OverviewRGA's culture stresses high performance and
collaboration, and the company hires the smartest people in the
industry. And, the smart people they hire are not just number
crunchers. RGA values creativity and curiosity. RGA also values
humility, and its employees work together without ego to bring
value to RGA while revolutionizing the life and health insurance
space. The Director, International Tax performs tax planning
analysis and research, and makes recommendations to minimize tax
liability and tax risk. This role assists with the review of tax
returns and related reports for RGA's global operations to ensure
compliance with all tax laws and regulations. Ensures department
alignment and coordination with all other areas of the company to
achieve corporate business strategies and
- Performs tax research, analysis of tax issues, and modeling to
determine tax impact and make recommendations.
- Assists with the review of tax returns and other compliance
activities pertaining to RGA's international operations, working
closely and effectively with other team members with this area of
- Monitors the global tax landscape, identifies areas that may
impact RGA, and assists in the impact analysis and process
- Works closely with the VP of International Tax to support
corporate projects such as reinsurance deals and M&A
activities, including international tax due diligence, legal
document review, pre-acquisition structuring, and post-acquisition
- Develops procedures necessary for management area of
- Performs other assigned responsibilities which may include
FATCA/CRS, VAT, tax controversy/audit support, permanent
establishment analysis, foreign currency calculations, or other
- Develops and maintains relationships with local consultants and
local RGA associates.
- Maintains frequent contact with management and staff associates
in finance, valuation, treaties, and administration to facilitate
accomplishment of department objectives.
- Acts as a resource and provides assistance to internal and
- Leads and manages work area activities including, but not
limited to, team/department workflow, establishing and monitoring
quality goals, reviewing work, ensuring timeliness and quality of
tax preparation and reports and communication to associates and
- Fosters a positive and engaged work environment. Mentors
associates and gives guidance on associate development.
Requirements Education and Experience Required:
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting, Finance, Tax or equivalent
- 8+ years tax experience with a minimum of 4+ years working in
- International Experience Preferred:
- Certified Public Accountant
- Master's Degree in Tax
- 3+ years public accounting experience
- Insurance/reinsurance experience
- 5+ years supervisory or management experience Skills and
- Basic Word, advanced Excel and SQL/Query skills.
- Advanced knowledge of broad business practices.Advanced
knowledge of international technical tax issues.
- Advanced skills in managing multiple tasks and projects
simultaneously, including the ability to delegate key areas of
- Advanced persuasion skills when working with internal and
external partners to resolve issues/problems.
- Advanced oral and written communication skills, demonstrating
the ability to convey business terminology that is meaningful and
well received by internal and external contacts. Ability to
communicate complex tax issues to senior management in a concise
manner with the ability to establish credibility and
- Advanced ability to investigate, analyze and solve complex
- Advanced people management skills, demonstrating an ability to
lead, mentor and develop associates. Ability to collaborate and
work effectively with others.
- Advanced skills in translating business needs and problems into
viable and accepted solutions.
- Advanced ability to analyze and improve business processes
- Advanced ability to liaise with individuals across a wide
variety of operational, functional, and technical disciplines.
- Knowledge of tax accounting practices and procedures including
GAAP and Statutory accounting methodologies, disclosure and
- Advanced ability to work well within a team and foster a
teamwork environment. Company OverviewReinsurance Group of America,
Incorporated (NYSE: RGA) is one of the largest global providers of
life reinsurance, with offices around the world. RGA delivers
expert solutions in individual life reinsurance, individual living
benefits reinsurance, group reinsurance, financial solutions,
facultative underwriting and product development. Our mission is to
enhance our clients' prosperity by supporting their financial and
risk management capabilities.
State of Colorado: This information is provided per the Colorado
Equal Pay Act. The pay range for this position in Colorado is
$119,920 - 147,740 per year. Base pay varies depending on
job-related knowledge, skills, experience and market location.
Keywords: RGA Reinsurance Company, Chesterfield , Director, International Tax, Executive , Chesterfield, Missouri
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...