Civil / Water Resource Engineer
Company: Geosyntec Consultants
Posted on: March 9, 2019
Are you looking for a home for the best years of your career? A place where you can contribute to a dynamic employee-owned firm, tackle challenging project work, and collaborate with industry-recognized professionals? Geosyntec is the place for you! We're seeking an experienced civil engineer with a focus in water resources to join our team in our St. Louis, Missouri office. This position is well-suited for an individual who is interested in leading and contributing to all stages of a variety of innovative and challenging water and natural resource projects. Our client base includes a diverse mix of industrial, institutional, and governmental clients that are located within the Chicago Region and across the US.
Our clients ask us to address their new ventures and most challenging problems involving the environment, natural resources, and civil infrastructure. Ranked by ENR in the top 20 design firms for the environment, Geosyntec is internationally known for its technical leadership, broad experience, and exceptional client service. Learn more by visiting www.geosyntec.com.
ABOUT THE POSITION:
Collaboration and mentoring are cornerstones of Geosyntec's sell-manage-do culture. You should expect to work closely with experienced professionals who will help integrate you into Geosyntec's culture as you advance to this next stage of your career. Based on your current level of experience, you will likely be asked to take on business and client development and project management responsibilities, along with group leadership, staff management, recruiting, and mentoring tasks.
Is this the right position to help you achieve your professional goals? Some of the key responsibilities for this position could include:
* Performing or overseeing a range of hydrologic and hydraulic studies;
* Developing construction documents, including engineering drawings and technical specifications;
* Developing or reviewing regulatory permitting documents;
* Preparing stream restoration designs and green infrastructure designs;
* Supporting and directing urban flood resiliency planning and design initiatives;
* Preparation of technical reports, letters, memoranda, plans, specifications, and proposals;
* Task and project management, including planning and directing staff, budgeting and budget management, adherence to schedule, quality, client satisfaction, and profitability;
* Business development; including obtaining repeat business from existing clients, and leading proposal preparation; and
* Preparation for and participation in meetings with clients, regulatory personnel, and other parties.
Here are some other things you should know about this senior civil / water resources engineer position:
* Training: We also offer professional development opportunities including technical conferences, in-house seminars, webinars, and mentoring, that allow our professionals to build the technical and business skills necessary to become successful consultants.
* Fieldwork: Is minimal (Up to 5%).
* OVernight travel: Is minimal (Up to 15%).
Your success is our success. We encourage our professionals to continually develop their interests and skills. Advancement is based on an individual's own performance and initiative.
* BS degree in Engineering, preferably civil engineering (required).
* 4+ years of direct engineering consulting experience working on water resource projects with a variety of technical challenges (required).
* Experience with modeling and design software tools such as EPA-SWMM, HEC-HMS, HEC-RAS, AutoCAD, and ArcGIS (required).
* Professional certification (P.E.) (required).
* Experience with multi-disciplinary project teams (required).
* Demonstrated success in the development and management of clients (preferred).
* Excellent leadership and detail-orientation skills (required).
* Ability to succeed in a fast-paced consulting environment, handling multiple project assignments, meeting strict deadlines, and traveling to client facilities as needed (required).
* Valid driver's license and a satisfactory driving record (required).
WHAT DOES IT TAKE TO BE SUCCESSFUL AT GEOSYNTEC?
Geosyntec strives to hire and retain the best and brightest people in their fields. The position is ideally suited for a highly motivated, innovative individual with a passion of solving complex problems for our clients. We look for exceptional interpersonal skills, communication skills, and problem-solving abilities, plus the passion for technical excellence and quality. We seek individuals with leadership potential, a commitment to lifelong learning and growth, and the desire to build a long and rewarding career with a growing firm.
WHY CHOOSE GEOSYNTEC?
Geosyntec is a great place to build a career. If you're looking for an exciting place to work, a place with challenging and rewarding projects, and a place that has been nationally recognized for its employees' quality of life, technical expertise, and business success, then Geosyntec may be the place for you. You can learn more about careers and employment at Geosyntec by visiting http://www.geosyntec.com/careers/
We are proud to offer our employees a highly competitive benefits package. Learn more by visiting http://www.geosyntec.com/careers/employee-benefits.
REQ NO: CIVIL01857
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor s legal duty to furnish information..
Keywords: Geosyntec Consultants, Chesterfield , Civil / Water Resource Engineer, Engineering , Chesterfield, Missouri
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!