Data Science Engineer
Company: The Judge Group
Posted on: September 8, 2018
Our client is currently seeking a Data Science Engineer
Long Term Onsite Contract Assignment
We are seeking exceptionally talented individual with a passion for innovation to become an integral part of our Data Science Team within Global Breeding Organization. We are a cutting-edge group providing recommendations and solutions to accelerate and optimize client product development. We foster new game-changing ideas to produce sophisticated, intelligent optimization solutions and predictive models. As part of our diverse, highly dynamic group, you will be exposed to highly exciting research challenges and will have ample opportunity to work with interdisciplinary scientists (Mathematicians, Optimization Experts, Engineers, Operations Managers, and Breeders) to foster your career growth and development while delivering next-generation analytical solutions.
In this role, the candidate will work closely with the data science group to transition our predictive and prescriptive models into a production environment. In addition, the individual will also invent and/or expand the impact of in-house innovations across geographies and crops. You will work with data from diverse structured and unstructured data sources, and various formats. You will work on all aspects of the design, development and delivery of machine learning and optimization enabled solutions using R/Python to the end user. The successful candidate will have the opportunity to work collaboratively with interdisciplinary scientists internal to client, organize challenging problems, develop new solutions, and work with business & development teams to ensure these solutions deliver value.
* M.S. degree in Statistics, Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Bioinformatics, Genetics or a closely-related field with 3+ years of experience in modeling and data science.
* Training in statistics with ability to perform programming and quantitative analyses.
* Strong programming experience with at least 2+ years of experience using R and Python.
* Experience with virtualized infrastructure and Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS) such as Amazon Web Services, or Google Compute Engine
* Web page construction through RShiny, Flask etc.
* Strong business aptitude, the ability to rapidly learn new problem domains, and become conversant in the domain with subject matter experts.
* Strong organizational, interpersonal skills with proven ability to communicate complex qualitative analysis in clear, concise, and precise manner.
For more info, please reach out to Ankur at
ID: 583207 Type: Contract Salary: Open - provided by Dice Analysis, BioInformatics, Development, Genetics, Modeling, Programming, Python, Research
Keywords: The Judge Group, Chesterfield , Data Science Engineer, Engineering , Chesterfield, Missouri
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!