Electrical Engineer III
Company: Dynamics ATS
Posted on: March 19, 2023
Electrical Engineer III
Location: Chesterfield, MO
Salary: $95k - $130k depending on experience
- Being a knowledgeable Electrical Engineer, adhering to company,
department, and client standards and procedures, and having an
advanced understanding of required electrical, instrumentation, and
controls design and deliverables development.
- Following procedures and collaborating to prepare design
deliverables that meet project requirements under general
supervision of the Chief Electrical Engineer.
- Remaining continually vigilant in finding opportunities to
improve quality and efficiency.
- Using data from process, mechanical and structural disciplines,
as well as client and vendor information sources to prepare
electrical, instrumentation, and controls engineering designs.
- Performing electrical power distribution design,
instrumentation and controls design, lighting and grounding design,
short-circuit and arc flash studies (power system analysis),
equipment and instrument/device specifications.
- Assisting with sales, marketing, proposal development, and
- Directing engineers and designers toward completion of bid and
construction document packages and having a working knowledge of
AutoCAD, Revit, and applicable electrical design software.
- Having extensive knowledge of applicable electrical standards
and codes (NFPA, IEEE, etc.). Duties:
- Proactively communicate and coordinate design work within the
department, and with other disciplines, and with external
stakeholders such as clients and vendors.
- Act as Lead Electrical on any multi-discipline project.
- Assist project manager on major projects.
- Independently manage projects with majority electrical
- Oversee, plan, and coordinate all technical aspects of
electrical project work.
- Manage and provide technical guidance and oversight to
engineers and designers.
- Maintain a positive attitude and interact confidently and
professionally with clients.
- Actively participate and contribute to project, departmental,
and inter-departmental meetings to facilitate successful completion
of projects to meet customer expectations and advance the technical
capabilities of the department.
- Define, interpret, and track assigned project budgets,
schedules, and scopes.
- Understand and apply concerns of safety, maintenance,
accessibility, constructability, and coordination. Participate and
contribute to project SMACCTM reviews.
- Identify, communicate, and explore solutions to conflicts and
- Learn and evaluate new design software (as assigned) as well as
develop company use of current design software.
- Conduct site visits for project meetings, evaluation of
existing installations, and participation in project
- Direct preparation of bid and construction document
- Coordinate work with other disciplines.
- Direct and select design criteria of electrical power,
instrumentation, and controls for a wide range of projects.
- Perform conceptual, preliminary, and detailed development of
electrical, instrumentation, and control system designs.
- Issue and record drawing submittals and revisions, and Requests
- Check electrical calculations and construction documents
prepared by yourself or others for errors, omissions, and adherence
to company and client standards.
- Assist Chief Engineer in the development of electrical drafting
and design standards and new production methods to improve the
company's best practices, efficiency, and consistency.
- Have an advanced knowledge of electrical, instrumentation, and
controls equipment and the National Electric Code (NEC).
- Prepare specifications and bid packages of electrical,
instrumentation, and controls equipment, analyze bids, make
procurement recommendations, and perform review of submitted shop
- Analyze and design MV and LV power distribution, lighting, and
- Perform design of control systems including PLC/DCS cabinets,
schematics, and wiring diagrams.
- Demonstrate knowledge of PLC programming fundamentals.
- Have proficiency in the use of Revit, AutoCAD, MS Office Suite,
and SKM PowerTools.
- Possess working knowledge of basic process and mechanical
equipment employed in the cement, lime, and the mining and related
minerals processing industries, as well as their suppliers and
- Review and support specification and bid package development of
basic process and mechanical equipment, and perform review of
submitted shop drawings.
- Continuously update and expand knowledge of the electrical
field as well as knowledge of client processes and facilities.
- Evaluate vendor proposals and submittals for alignment with
project specifications and completeness of information needs.
- Evaluate contractor proposals for alignment with project
Request for Proposal.
- Evaluate contractor submittals for compliance with project
specifications and drawings.
Required Education and Experience:
- Bachelor of Science in Electrical Engineering.
- Minimum 10 years' experience in electrical engineering with
heavy industrial experience preferred.
- Licensed Professional Engineer required.
- Extensive electrical engineering experience with a broad range
of industrial project types.
- Excellent communication skills with an understanding of
teamwork and the requisite ability to coordinate work with internal
and external project stakeholders.
- Job Description-Electrical Engineer III 5/24/2022
- Strong organization skills to effectively manage time and
resources in the most efficient manner. Ability to manage and
directly contribute to multiple projects and adapt to changing
scope and deadlines. Diligent taking of notes during project
discussions. Efficient and organized email communications.
- Commitment to maintaining the company's professional image and
reputation with timely, error free, accurate deliverables, which
meet or exceed clients' expectations.
Keywords: Dynamics ATS, Chesterfield , Electrical Engineer III, Engineering , Chesterfield, Missouri
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...