Senior Structural Analysis Engineer
Posted on: January 12, 2020
At Boeing, we are all innovators on a mission to connect, protect,
explore and inspire. From the seabed to outer space, you'll learn
and grow, contributing to work that shapes the world. Find your
future with us.
Boeing is currently seeking a Senior -Structural Analysis Engineer
(Level 5)for the Armament Team in St. Louis. - -This position is
-responsible for leading all armament related structural analyses,
requirements and certification requirements for the F-15 and across
multiple platforms including F-18, AV-8B, B-52, MQ-25 and
Proprietary. -Position Responsibilities:
- Strength requirements, analysis, design and certification of
Armament System structures covering a spectrum of suspension
hardware/components including but not limited to pylons, bomb
racks, launchers, adapters, mounting provisions and externally
carried pods. -
- Strength and durability of said structure, and of associated
system mechanical system components and equipment installations.
- Structural flight clearance certifications of armament
- Leading a group of Armament team strength engineers managing
daily assignments, ensuring technical excellence, overseeing
execution of tasks, and providing career development mentoring and
- Providing structures inputs to SOWs, project plans, estimates
and performance reporting. -
- Participate in the development of new concepts, perform/support
detail design activities, perform material reviews, support
production, and address fielded hardware issues. -
- Engage with internal teammates, peers, management, USN and USAF
services, domestic suppliers, and a mix of international suppliers
and armed services. -This position requires the ability to obtain a
US Security Clearance for which the US Government requires US
Citizenship (Post Start)Basic Qualifications (Required
- Minimum of 15 years experience performing and leading
structural analysis activities.
- Ability to travel up to 10%.
- Strong analytical and technical skills across the spectrum of
structural analysis, design, test, certification. -
- Tool and dataset skills/knowledge using NASTRAN/PATRAN, Stress
Check, NX, TeamCenter, MMPDS, Office Suite. -
- FEM experience should include ability to work with linear,
non-linear and contact models.
- Demonstrated experience in practical application of static and
fatigue methods of analysis for metal structures. - - -
- Clear understandings of structural behavior, concepts, design
requirements, best practices, load paths, free body balances,
certification, and test. -
- Experience to include practical application of basic hand
strength analysis methods.
- Knowledge of both USAF and USN structural design, test and
- Effective People skills encompassing verbal, written
- Must be able to work effectively in a team setting
facilitating/integrating structural requirements with other
engineering functions. -
- Formal and informal technical report writing abilities a
- Demonstrated experience and skills interpreting and solving
complex problems.Preferred Qualifications (Desired
- Active Secret security clearance.
- Previous related Armament experience.
- Familiarity with composite design and analysis.Typical
Education/Experience:Education/experience typically acquired
through advanced technical education from an accredited course of
study in engineering, computer science, mathematics, physics or
chemistry (e.g. Bachelor) and typically 14 or more years' related
work experience or an equivalent combination of technical education
and experience (e.g. PhD+9 years' related work experience,
Master+12 years' related work experience). In the USA, ABET
accreditation is the preferred, although not required,
Relocation assistance is not a negotiable benefit for this
position. Candidates must live in the immediate area or relocate at
their own expense.
Boeing is a Drug Free Workplace where post offer applicants and
employees are subject to testing for marijuana, cocaine, opioids,
amphetamines, PCP, and alcohol when criteria is met as
outlined in our policies.
Keywords: Boeing, Chesterfield , Senior Structural Analysis Engineer, Engineering , Chesterfield, Missouri
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!