Director of Brand Marketing & Communications
Posted on: September 15, 2023
Dierbergs is seeking a Director of Brand Marketing &
Communications for its full-service in-house ad agency to work
closely with internal partners, department teammates and company
owners to develop, coordinate, direct and facilitate creative &
strategic content. We're a fun and fast-paced environment; and
we're looking for a teammate that is solution-oriented and can
appreciate the importance of even the smallest detail.
About the Role
Leadership / Management
- Manage and coach a strategic communication team on building
strategic messaging, content creation and multi-channel marketing
plans to support department initiatives.
- Develop team structure that champions a "what if" curiosity,
communicates and collaborates well with other teams, embraces
creativity and celebrates wins.
- Lead quarterly planning efforts for marketing department,
utilizing insights to fuel ideas and recommendations.
- Manage external media agency to identify new opportunities,
ensure budget is being spent efficiently and campaign goals are
- Build strong partnerships throughout the organization.
Campaign & Content Creation
- Responsible for researching and understanding key business
challenges, customer behavior, target audiences, competitive
activity and environmental factors that impacts programs within the
store and assigned departments.
- Establish KPIs for campaigns and tap into company's data
resources to report on results. Focus on campaign performance to
help with recommendations for future programs.
- Partner with internal clients to understand department short- &
long-term goals and planned initiatives.
- Recommend and build multi-channel communication plans. Provide
hands-on advertising support for assigned store departments, paying
close attention to timelines.
- Craft and contribute ideas that offer new ways to communicate
key messages in and out of stores.
- Develop content ( writing, brainstorming, collaborating with
others for inspiration) and direct creative execution to in-house
graphic designers, production companies and other partners that
provides a consistent, targeted and impactful message.
- Identify & present opportunities for consistency in messaging
and customer experience across channels from in store signage to
digital to print.
- Partner with VP to establish a PR and media relationship
Knowledge, Skills & Characteristics
- Creativity with a natural curiosity.
- Team player mindset.
- Leadership, with adaptable coaching skills to support direct
reports and teammates.
- Flexibility and agility aligned to a fast-paced, quickly
- Good organizational, planning and coordination skills; ability
to multi-task and re-prioritize as needed.
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Good verbal presentation, group dynamic and facilitation skills
- Proactive approach in resolving problems and issues; involves
the right people to work through complexities and identify
- Strong interpersonal skills; builds collaborative
- Service-oriented attitude with a focus on client
- Possess a sense of urgency, self-motivated and detail
- A real go-getter. Someone that takes responsibility and runs
- Accountability. Takes full ownership of assigned projects.
- Nice to have: Media relations experience.
Experience & Education
- Excellent creative copywriting skills across all marketing
channels. Must be creative in both thought process and writing
style geared toward a business to consumer audience.
- Experience using behavioral insights to optimize future
- Demonstrated experience planning for multi-channel
- Proven experience managing a high performing, successful
- Bachelor's degree in journalism, strategic communications or
- Minimum eight (8) years of advertising or marketing
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office 365 and web content
management systems experience.
- Primary hours are Monday through Friday, 8 a.m.-5 p.m., may
include some evenings and weekends.
What's in it for you?
- Collaborate alongside a hard-working and super fun team.
- Health and retirement benefits including medical, dental,
short-term and long-term disability, 401(k), FSA, and life
- Paid time off provided, including sick days.
- Weekly pay.
- Employee Assistance Program for you and your family to assist
in many of life's challenges, from short-term counseling, legal
questions to financial guidance.
- Associate-only savings, free products, bonus points,
sweepstakes and more - being a part of our team has its perks with
- Rewards, recognition and appreciation programs and events to
spotlight you AND your exceptional talents.
This description is representative only and is not inclusive of the
tasks that an associate in the position may be required to
Keywords: Dierbergs, Chesterfield , Director of Brand Marketing & Communications, Advertising , Chesterfield, Missouri
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!